• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some advice guys

Dads XJ

NAXJA Forum User
About 3 months ago I gave a front bumper to one of the members, no big deal I was going to throw it in the scape bin at work anway. While we were talking he asked if I had a stock trac-bar laying around. After some digging I found the one off my jeep witch was like new. Told him to drop a 6 pack off when he could. After some time I finally pm'd him wondering what was taking so long. Come to find out he wasn't 21 yet, but he has been for about a month now. He did say he would pay me $10 through paypal, I told him to throw it in the old milk cooler on my porch. Still nothing. I know it may seem trivial but after a few pm's sent back and forth and still not getting what I'm owed I'm getting a little pissed. I really don't want to mention any names. Any ideas on avenues to take.

You both made a mutual agreement and he did not keep up his end. Its more to do with keeping his word and following threw on his comitments than the six pack or $10 by now I'm sure. Other peoples kids... huh.

World English Dictionary
commitment (kəˈmɪtmənt, kəˈmɪt ə l) n 1. the act of committing or pledging 2. the state of being committed or pledged 3. an obligation, promise, etc that restricts one's freedom of action 4. the referral of a bill to a committee or legislature 5. law Also called (esp formerly): mittimus a written order of a court directing that a person be imprisoned 6. the official consignment of a person to a mental hospital or prison 7. commission or perpetration, esp of a crime 8. a future financial obligation or contingent liability

I would pm him to inform him that he has one last chance to step up and be a man. Before you out him and his shady double crossings to the national members.
I can't personally stand people that do that. BE A MAN !!! Pay your debts and grow up.

Last edited:
I sent the kid about 3 pm's, I know he saw them. The users list said he had been on after I sent them. Didn't bother to answer me back until I sent another one.

I know it's principle, but $10? not 11.. not 101, not 1001.. but 10.. Naxja probably pays more for the bandwidth to create this post then what he owes you.. why not just chaulk it up to a loss and refuse to help him out under your breath, from here on out?

I'm kinda baffled..

It is for sure more of a principal thing then anything at this point and it can really go to show other how a person doesn't hold to their words on something and if they don't hold to something this small then don't think anyone is going to trust them with anything that is worth something now. I hope he does man up and hold to his word though that is the better thing to do even if it is something small.

Scott it is a small amount and all but to be honest not only a principal thing but also someone stepping up to maybe help show some of the younger kids out there how to act in life. In my thoughts if he feels he can get away with something like this then what more would he think or try to get away in life later down the road. If his parent didn't and can't seem to teach him right from wrong someone needs to lol. I understand where you are coming from as well but at the same time I see where Dads XJ is coming from as well.

Here's my philosophy, If your willing to drag my name through the mud over $10.. then your not worth paying anyway... I guess some people just look at things differently..

In Dads XJ's defence he didn't bring the name out there someone else did that lol
So thread highjack time Scott did you get them axle shafts done?

Here's my philosophy, If your willing to drag my name through the mud over $10.. then your not worth paying anyway...

That seems to be kind of an odd philosophy. If someone cares enough about their name being drug through the mud...then they should man up and follow through on what they committed to. Some people seem to have no Honor.

That seems to be kind of an odd philosophy. If someone cares enough about their name being drug through the mud...then they should man up and follow through on what they committed to. Some people seem to have no Honor.
I guess it depends on where you draw the line? for $10.. I take it as a loss and know not to trust that person.. for $100 I take it as a loss and Warn others, for $1000 You get your ass handed to you infront of your kids, and $10,000 I'll put a bullet in your head..

Kinda get my point? I'll trust anyone local with $10.. if you dont pay me back, then so be it.. dont ask for anything else.. but is it cool to tell everyone about how much of a dirtbag you are? Maybe its so low down his priority list because of how small the amount is.. I get that way.. Pay the big chit, and figure out the little chit later

Bullshit. You make a commitment, you keep it.

Agree !

unless its a credit card ! :lecture:

icon10.gif

I know it's principle, but $10? not 11.. not 101, not 1001.. but 10.. Naxja probably pays more for the bandwidth to create this post then what he owes you.. why not just chaulk it up to a loss and refuse to help him out under your breath, from here on out?

I'm kinda baffled..

$10? It was originally a 6-pac thats what I'm worried about:patriot: Your right Scott it really is no big deal. But a 6-pac to me, A, I'll give $20 latter, to a, I only have $50 now can I mail ya the other $40 latter. I have no problem trusting people on this sight or helping anybody out when they need a hand. My twin boys both own XJs and I can only hope I brought them up better than that.

Scott when I was 21 I worked in a pool hall. I broke up a fight one night to find out that there was a $1 bet on a game and the guy that lost said "it's only a dollar why do I even need to pay?"

I say invite him on a trail run, and take your trac bar back :roflmao:

Scott when I was 21 I worked in a pool hall. I broke up a fight one night to find out that there was a $1 bet on a game and the guy that lost said "it's only a dollar why do I even need to pay?"

I say invite him on a trail run, and take your trac bar back :roflmao:

:twak::looser: :laugh2:

Back