• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED SIGNAL/HAZARD HELP

CO303XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the problem, I have no turn signals (either direction) and no hazards. I replaced the combination flasher and still nothing. I also tried changing out the Turn Signal Switch and nothing. I've checked all the fuses and they're all good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2001, 4.0, Auto Trans

I checked the grounds and the flasher is getting power along with the turn signal switch on the column. I've tried 3 separate combination flashers and 2 turn signal switches, still nothing.

check the connections at the base of the steering column, its wide and flat, and if it is busted, or corroded much it will cause problems for you. If you are having trouble with wiring, its a great idea to get the wiring diagram for the circuit you are working with, and just trace the wires down until you find where the short is. I usually start with the actual component, and then start working my way back to the switch and then the power source. I'll take a known good power source, and tap it directly into the junctions and terminals that go the the item, and just work my way from connector to connector until the component stops working from my power source and then i know, roughly where the short or the problem is.

Here's the problem, I have no turn signals (either direction) and no hazards. I replaced the combination flasher and still nothing. I also tried changing out the Turn Signal Switch and nothing. I've checked all the fuses and they're all good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2001, 4.0, Auto Trans

I checked the grounds and the flasher is getting power along with the turn signal switch on the column. I've tried 3 separate combination flashers and 2 turn signal switches, still nothing.

Did you figure out the issue? I am having the same problem with my 2001. No turn signals or hazards. All other lights work fine. The multifunction switch still turns the brights on and off. I replaced the combination flasher and it made no difference. No fuses appear to be blown. I'm not sure where to turn next.

get the schematic and check your power supply and grounds... that means do a voltage drop across all sections and connectors. 1 strand of wire will show up with continuity, but it won't carry enough current for the flasher to work. look for chafed/green wire, or corroded connector terminals.

Back