• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need new tires and advice

Duratracs have poly sidewalls btw

Yes, they do have kevlar. When I checked tire prices at my local Goodyear tire store (what a joke price wise, but the guys there know their stuff) , The manager who looked up tires for me specifically told me that other than slight tread differences that the DT has kevlar and the Kelly Safari TSR does not. That may be partially why they are cheaper? I dunno.

I have duratracs and they don't have Kevlar. After shredding a sidewall I emailed Goodyear to ask if they had any plans on offering the duratrac with Kevlar sidewalls they said they didn't. If duratracs already had Kevlar sidewalls you would think they would have informed me they did and not said they have no plans of making them.

Received this from the tire rack '

The 33X12.50R15 GOODYEAR WRANGLER MTR KEVLAR C tires you have selected are currently out of stock. We have on order with Goodyear but, Goodyear is estimating they will not have more tires produced and delivered before 4/02.'

Called and they said Goodyear has not release a production date but it could be 4 to 6 weeks. I am waiting as nothing peaked my interest as much as these tires and they should come before the Reno Run.

So, for now, I just hope the sidewalls of the current 4 tires I am running hold up until then.

They have been saying that since october FyI

Maybe consider changing wheel size also?

17s clear big brakes with more back spacing . The industry is going that direction. you dont need 17s to clear wj brakes and you are keeping with your super built 30 so just go with whatever is cheap. 15" steelies clear WJ brakes with 3.75" BS. They did on mine. I think 33" mtrs are still cheap

October? Say it aint so! Well for me they will start making them again today.

If they don't get here until after the middle of May I might go for All-Terrain T/A KO2.

Last edited:
Back