• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nearly have my XJ buggy completed.

myjeepsbigger

NAXJA Forum User
...well at least for this go-around. The hood is still off to be painted.

1.jpg

More pics to come. That one is from last night....so I'll have plenty more soon.

Specs.... Was an 85 4-door. Heavily crashed in the rear, hence the chop and the 250+ foot of 1.75" HREW. Running a 3.4L V6 from an 95 Camaro, 4 link rear (Rubicon Express lower joints, 3/4 heim uppers, 1.75" and 1.50" .250 DOM links), 16" Fox Airshox, D60 rear/D30 front (both locked). Nearly all the body panels are all aluminum.

Plans further into this summer include a 4.3L TBI V6, 700R4/231 combo and an 8-lug D44 front (all of which are sitting at my place, patiently waiting to be swapped). I'm also going to add a dash bar and windshield splitter to the cage.

I don't know what I like more your buggy XJ or your big A$$ clean garage.

SHARP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more pics of both please.

Thanks guys. Took a couple more pics last night after my brother got the hood done. I wanted a big cartoon looking flaming skull on it.....and I think he came through. He spent two days on it. It looks a little XXXX-eyed in the pics, but it's just the goofy angle of the camera or something. I realize that type of thing isn't for everybody, but I really dig it. Too bad it's gonna look like crap after the first 'wheeling run. LOL!

To answer a couple questions....I'm from Greenfield...'bout an hour southwest of Springfield. We're actually going on a run at a buddy's place in Viroqua, WI on Memorial Weekend, so that'll be the first time I get to take it out. I've got about 500 acres of wheeling area at my place near Scottville, IL, too. However, I'm not going to get a chance to give 'er a test run until the WI trip.

The front is also long-armed. I've got the Tera lower arm kit on it, and adjustable Rusty's uppers. Both of which will go away when I swap the D44 up front. I'll probably run a three link similar to what a lot of the guys here have had so much sucess with.

On to the pics....(I'll actually have some trail action shots in a couple weeks)

My brother and Dad with the "artwork" ;-)

hoodfinished.jpg

Installed. Sorry that the lighting sucks. Can't seem to get any good pics inside the garage. Everything looks distorted.
FinishedBuggyquarter.jpg

buggyfinishedfront.jpg

theres just something about the cage i dont like, i cant put my finger on it, can you take a few side and back pics?

other than that its lookin sick

tealcherokee said:
theres just something about the cage i dont like, i cant put my finger on it, can you take a few side and back pics?

other than that its lookin sick
X2 i think its the front and sides, it looks like a bronco, not an XJ, all paralel, it doesnt angle in at the top.

Hell yea dude. Looks good. Im from Virden, about 10-15 minutes from Scottville...My XJ is slowly turning into a buggy...We should do some wheelin sometime! I gotta replace my driver side shafts first and Ill be ready to go out again..What kinda terrain you got over there? Hit me up backchannel..

steagall9301 said:
X2 i think its the front and sides, it looks like a bronco, not an XJ, all paralel, it doesnt angle in at the top.

that's what i was thinking. and, it doesn't quite look square, although that could be due to the camera angle. still, i bet it works well.

Yup. It's different......but why would I want to make mine look just like everyone else's????

myjeepsbigger said:
Yup. It's different......but why would I want to make mine look just like everyone else's????
true and f@#$em if they dont like it, as long as you do and it works.

BrettM said:
yeah, it looks a little funny because the pillars don't lean in toward the middle much. it'll work though, nice work.

Yup. The reason they don't lean in is because I have narrowed it so much from the firewall back. If I brought the top in further towards the middle, I would compromise passenger coverage/safety. I really dig it and can't wait to "try it out". haha.

ponyracer1 said:
Good job man, I like the "broncoesq" look to it. Got any rear or side pics?

Nothing else with me at work. I will have a ton in a week or so....it's currently up at a buddy's house, so I haven't been able to snap any pics in the evening. I've been spending my time trying to get my brother's ZJ caged by Memorial day. Went to his house last night and made some pretty good progress. Got the halo together and the B-pillars tacked in....

rightsideangle.jpg

rear.jpg

Back