• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC 'Spotted' Thread

JoeShmo

NAXJA Forum User
I've seen this become quite successful for the tri-state regional forum on the vwvortex, so i thought it might work on here. The purpose of this thread is just what the title says, when you spot a noticeably altered XJ that fits the bill, post up with the typical info: what, where, and when.. I have a feeling theres alot of people in here (many of which are probably black names) that I've seen on various roads and highways around Jersey, NY, and CT.. yet i have absolutely no idea who they are.. so give it a shot. If you've been spotted, shout back and let everyone know who you are, its quite likely somebody will see you again and its always good to know somebody's name if you have to say hello! I'll start:

April 11th, 2007 - ~6:00pm - West Paterson, NJ near Garrett Mountain: Brown First Gen XJ w/ ~4" Lift and 32's, on stock steelies..

I make the drive down the PA Turnpike to the NJ Turnpike to 195 East to the GSP to exit 91 South almost every Friday.. but alas, I took my last trip there in the XJ :(

i saw a red 99+(think i saw body matched flairs) around 6pm in norwalk, CT on the Route 7 connector. I think it had a 3 in lift and 31s with a thule roof basket and vent visors are what i remember seeing. I was in my jeep described in sig trying to wave across the highway through tinted windos

Red ~1994 w/ 3.5-4.5" lift, ~32" rubber with rack/spare/shovel on the roof, Route 46 west in Clifton, NJ @ ~6:00 on April 13th.

damn, thats alot of nice XJs , wheres the cam when you need it? lol

Ill chime off, 93ish white 2dr, bout a 5 inch lift, stinger bumper, safari rack w/F/spare. trim blacked out. riding on TSLs (i think)
Rt1 on the Rhode Island line. Looked ready to wheel at a moments notice.

I see a red XJ early 90s around 5.5" of lift, roof rack, ats, black steelies, fog lights, and rock rails on the Rhode Island College Campus

and a White 97+ XJ in Cumberland RI always parked near the post office with around 4.5" of lift 31s or 33s with a patroits sticker and a chrome skull on the rear hitch

My dark green XJ is usually around Morris Plains and Mt Freedom NJ or in the poconos on the weekends. No lift, just a surco rack on the roof and red skid plates....and my dolphins in the back window as well as my NAXJA sticker. Though I have been running the TJ the last 3 weeks as it's the only one that will fit in the garage till I move all the seat cushions for the deck furniture out when the weather breaks... OME lift and JCR front bumper coming in a couple of months though...

1) Green pre 97 XJ with (roughly) 5" or 6" lift on 33 or 35's at intersection of 46 and Passaic Ave about two weeks ago. I didn't see any other mods.

2) Red pre 97 XJ with (roughy) 4" to 5" lift on (I believe) 33's a few days ago. No other mods noticed.

If I go back about 2 years ago in Montclair, early 90's XJ (dark color) with Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's, Rock Ready 8 inch lift, fuel cell, nice rack, nice lights, 35 boggers and a V8 going in. One of the guys at Decozen Chrysler Jeep owned it. Best NJ build I'd seen until I saw Vetteboys :eek:..

Saturday afternoon (around 6pm), I spotted a dark blue/purple 97+ XJ with 5-6 inches of lift and 33s, black wheels, with a full-size spare in a roof basket. I was heading west on I-90 near the MA/NY border, and the XJ was heading east.

Also see a pre-97 red two door around norwalk, ct a lot. Looks to have a budget boost and 31s on stock alloys. Always parked at Mario's so I'm guessing works there or lives there

Been on the highway a lot the past week...Saw a gold 97+ being trailered behind a tahoe/suburban at around 5:30 traveling north on I95 near exit 32-35 and then a lifted blue late 80s 2 door on what 31-33s traveling the north as well crossing the bridge on I95 across the Housatonic

I saw a black XJ with about 5 inches of lift on 34's in my condo parking lot today. Oh wait, that was my rig.... :eeks1:

Krazors001 said:
Also see a pre-97 red two door around norwalk, ct a lot. Looks to have a budget boost and 31s on stock alloys. Always parked at Mario's so I'm guessing works there or lives there

I see that one all the time too.

Took this pic back in January. Some pre-97 XJ lifted maybe 4" with camo paint. Im pretty sure he/she works at advance auto parts in Chicopee, MA.
CamoJeepFrontCorner.jpg

Back