• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Welder was stolen friday night !

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
My gerage was broken into and they stole my Millermatic 175 and my tank. They also stole my fishing gear and my mountain bike. They stole all my hobbies and I was left with a great loss and nothing to do this weekend. My Millermatic serial #LG240774N just incase any one notices it. The Miller is almost brand new purchased on 8/2/06 and the mountain bike is a Rocky Mountain Slayer serial #2003003608 just incase any notices it the bike is very unike with a crank that was a prototype and cannot be purchased. I am very sad !!!!!!!!!!!!!:tears:

that is enough to make a grown man cry, where about do u live, and keep an eye out on craigslist in the surronding counties, and of course ebay, recycler ( if you are in so cal). I hope you reported them stolen, it can help if they are ever recovered. It does happen......

Ya I had a police report and I live in Roseville California

did your insurance cover the cost?

I am in Rocklin, will keep an eye out. Do you have pics of the bike?

i would check into Craigslist and Denaio's, both are the biggest fences around.

If you need anything welded in the interim, give me a holler.

SeanP

Gary E said:
Sorry to hear about that I think there is a special place in Hell for theives :)

i think that if a theive is caught, he should lose a thumb. I have a set of gardening prunes in the garage for just such occasions.

:p

I do not have picture of the bike because I just bought it off my buddy. The bike is flat white and grey and sias Rockey Ridge on the down tube and slayer on the bottom rear swing arm. The bike has a lot of billet and costom rims I will have my buddy send picks.

I would like to say thank you for everyones help. I just moved to Roseville and do not have to many friends in the Sac area. I also do not have anyone to 4wheel with so if any one wouldnt mind me tagin along I would be totaly stoked.

No No No , If the thief or thieves are caught you get to ball pean a whole hand, AND they get to keep the hand. serve a strong reminder next time, and make it a lil more difficult.

I personally would rather use a rubber mallet on the thieves knee cap in a upward swinging motion 2 or 3 good shots will destroy the cartalege ligaments and tendons and if hes lucky push his knee cap in into his thigh muscle......

dzraces said:
I personally would rather use a rubber mallet on the thieves knee cap in a upward swinging motion 2 or 3 good shots will destroy the cartalege ligaments and tendons and if hes lucky push his knee cap in into his thigh muscle......
why not just shoot him in the knee?

i feel your pain. i've had too many things ripped off from my garage too. now i have motion detectors hooked up to my home security system and i haven't lost anything for awhile.

Some years ago I was robbed of my 2-stage oxyacetylene rig, complete with the big tanks you can't buy any more. Of course nobody will fill them without a receipt either, so they probably ended up behind somebody's barn or in a landfill. Grrr. This stuff easily turns the mind of the most liberal mushy-wussie pacifist XXXXXX to thoughts of incineration, dismemberment, and the like. Something about stealing your tools is just lower than low.

If you catch the guy, you might want to test the welder to see that it still puts out full current. Have your perpetrator hold on to the ground strap with one hand, and the nozzle/rod holder with the other. Tell him to let you know when it's hot enough. :gonnablow

ETA: Interestingly, the forum software XXXX'ed out what I would have thought was a pretty common term for a "gentle tempered kittycat," though it's true that it isn't the only pettable thing to which the term is applied. Well, I meant, you know, like hello kitty.

Last edited:
Keep an eye out in the "For Sale" sections of Craigslist and the like...you never know, they may be dumb enough to post it there. Sorry for your loss.

[hijack] What happens if you find your stolen goods at a pawn shop, can you reclaim it? [/hijack]

Back