• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coworkers bike was stolen

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
So my coworkers bike was stolen out of her apartment complex somewhere between 1030 last night and 5ish this morning. Thornton area 84th and washington. She is very pissed about it. It is a 08 Honda cbr600 with a license plate 716upt. If you have any leads or see it lmk.
2011-05-29_195808_Las_Animas_Colo.jpg

ill check with the normal folks. tell her to look into ft collins area. lotsa hot bikes up there

good thing it was found.. everyone watch out for your bikes.. theres someone out there stealing bikes by just pulling up in a van or truck with a couple guys pushing the bike onto a matress and loading it into the van or truck..

my buddys harley was stolen that way.

good thing it was found.. everyone watch out for your bikes.. theres someone out there stealing bikes by just pulling up in a van or truck with a couple guys pushing the bike onto a matress and loading it into the van or truck..

damn.... that sucks!!!!!!!
it sucks that we have douche bags that do this s**t.
i wish gun laws were different and we could shoot ANYONE who steals!!!!!!!!

glad they found the bike!!!!

So they are thinkin it was someone in the complex because it was found next to the leasing office. Ignition is punched rear tire is thrashed and some new scratches here and there. And a bent foot peg. They think it might have been laid over.

a lot of them just load them up in the van/truck and have wheel chocks to hold em upright.

crappy part of most street bikes is they are just a two point ignition so its fast to punch a screw diver in and turn em. A magazine (dont remember which one) was bright enough to do an article on how theives were stealing bikes, by detailing which wires they cut and splice to ride them away, how they break the bar locks too. cuz that was so helpful :doh:

Hopefully the jackass who took it jacked himself up when he laid it down. Now that would be instant karma in action.

a lot of them just load them up in the van/truck and have wheel chocks to hold em upright.

crappy part of most street bikes is they are just a two point ignition so its fast to punch a screw diver in and turn em. A magazine (dont remember which one) was bright enough to do an article on how theives were stealing bikes, by detailing which wires they cut and splice to ride them away, how they break the bar locks too. cuz that was so helpful :doh:

its stupid how magazines do s*** like that. my dads new Harley actually has a real complex alarm/wire job. i was amazed.

Glad she got it back , this is why I always run a toggle for the ignition somewhere random on the bike . Also I always run them low on fuel for storage , the tank lock is harder to destroy than the ignition .
This way they drive it off and run out of fuel fairly quick and can't refill it without removing the tank lock .

I've gotten two bikes back this way ...

Back