• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ was stolen!!!!!!!!!

Horribilis

NAXJA Forum User
Some asshole(s) stole my XJ and used it in an attempted ATM theft earlier this AM/last night in the Aspen Grove shopping center in Littleton. It ended up on its side and the motor was still running when Littleton PD showed up. I imagine the motor is toast now :-( They got me outta bed about 3:30 AM.

Photo Album here.

Luckily I have comprehensive coverage, but I doubt that is going to cover what I've got into it. Any advice on going through the claims process with an off-road/modified rig? Any recommendations for a shop in Littleton, South Metro or Castle Rock to have it towed to after the PD is done CSI'ing it for prints/DNA? A shop that can either swap the motor and do the body repairs if insurance decides to repair, or a shop that will let me come pull parts before it goes to JY if totalled out?

What i would suggest is since insurance is going to total it buy it back from them then buy another rig and swap everything over!

I don't know what it is with people. Either assholes are becoming more bold, or I'm simply noticing more. Press all the charges you can on that man, put them idiots in jail for as long as possible. That really does suck that people think they can just take things. Good luck with everything.

What Kiefer said. If you have theft coverage just call your agent and discuss the option of taking a claim then buy it back. They do it all the time.

At least your rig wasn't stripped of all those shiny new parts..... Just swap it all over to another rig. :thumbup:

That sucks! I hope the bastard got hurt!

Messed up part I was on my way to work going to costco right down the street asked a couple guys I work with if they saw anything on their wayx in and they said no. Lately I have noticed people being really really stupid.

Some asshole(s) stole my XJ and used it in an attempted ATM theft earlier this AM/last night

Sorry to see. Why kind of dumbass thinks a lifted jeep would make a good getaway car?

I'm betting they had a different "getaway" car, they just took the XJ - quite possibly because of the winch or big front bumper - to assist in bashing into where the ATM was, or to possibly use it to pull/drag the ATM out from where it was located.

The current trend these days is to stake out the remote kiosk ATM's for a week or so, figure out when the money is re-stocked, then steal the entire ATM. With the back seat folded down, an XJ would easily hold one of these ATM's and it'd be harder to see it in the back as they drove with it vs. a pickup truck where it'd be in the open bed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qGFvpXu8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NEEw00Y7ko&feature=related

LOL....... Now using a huge front end loader to rip out the ATM and lift it - Smart............ Using the huge front end loader as the getaway vehicle....... yeah, not so much....:laugh:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=719667811001

Update – the total and utter awesomeness of my XJ build is what thwarted the BG’s criminal endeavor. You see, but for my build, the BG’s probably would have gotten away with it. Their problem was that after they yanked the ATM from the ground, my XJ encountered a light-pole and its protective concrete barrier/base. Well, instead of bouncing off of the concrete barrier as an ordinary vehicle would, the skid on my purpose built off-roading bumper skid the XJ up the barrier and onto the light-pole. Then, having a higher clearance, bigger tires, and both axles locked, my XJ was propelled up the light-pole (that’s right, my XJ can freaking climb light-poles!) until the light-pole finally gave and came down, with my XJ ending up on its side. The BG’s left to flee on foot or in a secondary vehicle, the ATM being left behind, still chained to my crime-fighting XJ!!!!

:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

LMAO! That part is awesome!

Back