• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My New Time Consuming Project

RCman

NAXJA Forum User
Land! party1:

As some of you know I'm in the process of buying some land. Just a few more signatures now, some permits, a bunch of time, and some other stuff and this will be the new RCman property.
I stopped by and took these shots this afternoon. A lot look the same, but hey it is all woods now. :laugh:

Here's a shot up the semi-cleared path that was only access for a skider to do percs. Keep in mind there is over 34" of snow on the ground now. This will be the start of the future driveway (all ~550' of it).
AtRoad_Driveway.jpg

Same spot turned to look into the property:
AtRoad_IntoProp.jpg

A shot from the far corner road side, my truck is parked at the driveway entrance (middle far right):
Corner_to_Corner.jpg

1/3 up the driveway looking in:
HalfUp_DrivewayLookingIn.jpg

1/3 up the driveway looking out:
HalfUp_DrivewayLookingOut.jpg

The perc tests (this will be the septic location):
PercTests.jpg

Same location, looking back toward the road:
AtPercs_LookingOut.jpg

Happy fiancée :) :
AtRoad_LookingIn.jpg

Yeah, probably too many pictures. :roflmao:

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of work, but it will be yours and built how you want it. Congrats!

There are so many things you can change for your own house. For instance, if I ever build my own, I'm going to make the counters a couple inches higher. Stooping over regular height counters sucks. Perhaps 2 counter heights (his and hers?) for you guys?

Congrats on the purchase. Good luck with all the paperwork for permits and such.

Place looked awesome when we drove by a couple weeks back. I hope it all works out for ya dude!!

Where will the cleared area with a rock pile be? Where will the garage be? I didnt realize you were starting from scratch!! I call dibs on building your kitchen, it'll be badass. I can also make awesome man caves, even themed ones ;)

Where will the cleared area with a rock pile be? Where will the garage be? I didnt realize you were starting from scratch!! I call dibs on building your kitchen, it'll be badass. I can also make awesome man caves, even themed ones ;)
Banana hammock is not an acceptable theme.

Nice. :D

The house I'd like to build is drawn up already. Not official blueprints, but it'd take a real architect no time at all to straighten everything up.

Sucks that land on the side of a hill with southern exposure overlooking Lake Tahoe is kinda hard to come by. :(

Looks great Bill. Best of luck to you and Angel with it. It looks nice and level, and hopefully there are some large rocks hiding under that snow. How many acres?

A.

congratulations!

Let me know if or when you need help building stuff.

This is new england, I'm sure he'll find plenty when the foundation holes get dug.

if i break my junk. i leave it in the woods and worry about it later

Back