• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my improved high flow cat

suthernoutlaw

NAXJA Forum User
my cat was clogged making my temp go up too much, dont have the money for a new one so i just improved mine....
cat2.jpg

cat1.jpg

all i got left to do is weld it back up

you wouldn't happen to have a sound clip anywhere would you? I've got a just a flowmaster 40 but I'm thinkin of doing the same thing. Just havn't really heard a cherokee with a hollowed cat and everyone says it sounds like shit so i thought i'd check :p

i can get you one if you want, may not be the greatest quality becuase it will be on my camera but you will get the idea. Just give me till tommorow or later tonight

almondjoy137 said:
you wouldn't happen to have a sound clip anywhere would you? I've got a just a flowmaster 40 but I'm thinkin of doing the same thing. Just havn't really heard a cherokee with a hollowed cat and everyone says it sounds like shit so i thought i'd check :p

When I put my header on I broke my cat and temporarily hollowed out my old one until the replacement came. I noticed more low end response with the new cat on, and not much sound difference at all if thats any help.

Do you notice your car stinks now when you are not moving? How about the crap all over your bumper? Just curious, I had a car with not cat on it and I couldn't stand the smell.

Due to lack of funds, my cat is hollowed out and I have a 90 degree bend after it that goes into a smaller diameter turn-down. My TSL's make more noise while cruising, but it sounds like I have a big block when I get on it.

Suthernoutlaw: my setup sounds a little bit louder than yours.

What did u weld that with? I assume the metal was super thin. I was trying to weld a whole in my exhaust right at the back of the muffler, but even on the lowest setting the mig melted right through it.

Back