• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first build! Jake's 93xj Blog

got my T&T long arm kit installed. instead of putting bolts through the frame I welded it in a few places that would be easy to cut off later

here they are. nice and high clearance

the new belly pan was much needed!

and here it is. no real improvement in "flex" but the arms now keep my axle centered at droop instead of rotating underneath the jeep like the stupid short arms do

great improvement in ride quality and SIGNIFICANT improvement in stability and control on the freeway. off road they were awesome as well

dude awesome!

also, tap the front bolt on each side to get 3 bolts on the underside. m10x1.5 is the thread pitch, and grab a few bolts at the local hardware store.

and really consider going through the frame eventually you lazy a$$.

if you havent already, gusset and plate the pass side UCA mount at the axle. I ripped it off once before with those arms on the rubicon.

well I did another Fordyce run. eagle lakes all the way to truckee. got to the trail head at 10pm. what a nightmare

apparently the water flow was at 425 out of 500. about 325 is safe for passage

hydrolocked at the first crossing. water up to the hood and everything in the back of my jeep was floating. got it out pull the spark plug and turned over. it spit out all the water. and fired up

we kept on going. my jeep wasn't happy

there were 3 more water crossings

winch hill 1:
fell asleep in a soaking wet jeep and clothes at 1:30am. woke up at 6:30am and kept on going. walked up winch hill 1. then a mile or two later my transmission overheated and boiled over. it spit out a lot of foamy milky fluid. topped it off and had to keep going

winch hill 3.
my buddy in his Sammy tried to go up squeeze. broke the front half of his tcase housing. just shattered. he now only has rwd
I had to go up the "bypass" which was the toughest obstacle I did on the whole trail.

luckily some guys in a buggy came and pulled him up

finally

I towed him all the way to winch hill 4. I couldn't pull him up. we made some calls and since its 1pm on sunday no one can come help. we gave up and fell asleep in our rigs in the middle of the hill

luckily some wrangler guys came along. all equipped with winches. they were the nicest coolest guys I've ever met thank god they showed up. they dragged his ass up the winch hill 4 and 5 and refused to take our money

they had a friend in a CJ they were towing out too. a cable broke on wh5 and it rolled over. poor guy still kept his sense of humor. that jeep was mint

what a challenging and grueling trail! I wont be going back for awhile. but I'm glad I made it through

I'll post more pics as people send them to me

haha no can do. this jeep is being decommissioned this winter

what do you mean decommissioned? like getting a new rig or what?

what do you mean decommissioned? like getting a new rig or what?

yeah another xj build. this rig was a great learning experience and it was fun beating it up. but it's way too hack and beyond the point of fixing

Happy B day dude!

thanks!

Finally a successful Fordyce trip. lots of people out for the 3 day weekend. and the water was really low

fun at winch hill 1

wagon wheel at committee crossing

and then finally got to the main attraction at night, winch hill 3. too bad it was too dark for good pics

no cool pics of my jeep unfortunately

nice Jake! So your frame is all fubar now?

Looks like tons of fun dude!

And that Sammy looks like my buddy Dylans old rig. That thing does work

nice Jake! So your frame is all fubar now?

I think I can strap it down, plate it, and brace it and get a few more runs out of it. but yeah its really done. I'm trying to pick up a set of KM2's to go along with your beadlocks I'm still interested

Looks like tons of fun dude!

And that Sammy looks like my buddy Dylans old rig. That thing does work

really? my bud traded his ford ranger pre runner for it. its sweet but its hack he's been cleaning it up. it did the squeeze on WH3. it was a hell of a fun time though! I still haven't seen pics from the cantina

Yeah Dylan is back-halfing and linking the ranger. 4.0 swap, new cage. It's gonna be sweet for sure.

I wish I could have made this trip. Fordyce is way up on my list of things to do now.

I've got a few pics of the con/soup bowl in my blog but there's not much

yeah I checked out your update soup bowl looks sick. so you're in contact with him? chad is complaining that he wont get back to him about the pink slip. they still haven't transferred titles I guess he left Dylan a few messages.

pick a weekend I'm always ready. we should go now while the water is down. the trail is really technical

Jake that looks so damn fun.
Im super jealous.

I see him about twice a year on the rubicon. I see one of his good friends quite often so ill let him know that he's trying to contact him

I see him about twice a year on the rubicon. I see one of his good friends quite often so ill let him know that he's trying to contact him

nvm. I think he got ahold of him. thanks though

well. I ran the rubicon trail! it was really nice and scenic and relaxing. no breakage or trouble

I was really sad to see where fun obstacles were clearly blown up or filled in. $1000 hill was blocked off. little sluice was a joke. the sheriff was walking up and down the trail the whole time. the only challenging obstacles were the soup bowl and a couple spots near buck island

and my phone was dead the whole time. this is soup bowl. I made it up the easy line and no pictures of me because it was dark

and here's the only shot of my jeep

Back