• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My buggy build....... well, continuation of a build.

Nope, once they're off the beadlocks, they're going on Craigslist. 3 are good, one is useable, but worn down on one side.

I paid $150 for those and ran them for 5 or 6 years. I loved those tires...

Nope, once they're off the beadlocks, they're going on Craigslist. 3 are good, one is useable, but worn down on one side.

Ive heard those tires are great ive heard. I love those beadlocks. I would love to run them one day. But not anytime soon lol. Well when you get ready to ditch the rollers, let me know I need two for emissions. When you going to have that beast done??

Ive heard those tires are great ive heard. I love those beadlocks. I would love to run them one day. But not anytime soon lol. Well when you get ready to ditch the rollers, let me know I need two for emissions. When you going to have that beast done??

When will he have it done!!! Come on man this is a Troy Boat to China... Sorry, I meant Slow Boat to China. Maybe 2020 or 2025. :laugh:

The 'Tard fails to bring the phunnay.

Both axles are now under the buggy. I gotta modify the upper control arm.... Otherwise the swap would be done.

Saturday I'll dig the 8 Beadlocks outta the snow and get busy swapping and mounting tires.

Man were these Beadlocks a huge pain in the keester....... Tried driving over them with the MJ to break the inner bead but that didn't do it. One of them was so solid I lifted the dually's rear tires off the ground. These are the DIY weld on's that dont have the outside lip ground down...... I couldn't get em out of the tires so I guess I'll be taking them to tithe tire shop.

2013-02-23_14-38-51_738_zps1005f1b5.jpg

2013-02-23_14-45-25_970_zps2341a903.jpg

But...... I gotta say these look pretty damn good. I got a bit ahead of myself though..... I forgot to put the balance BB's in and I didn't clock the ring to match the wheel...... :doh:

2013-02-23_16-34-24_865_zps747c52d4.jpg

Last edited:
Bottle jacks work really well for that as well :thumbup:

MTR-K + spyderlocks = :guitar: :cheers:

Last edited:
do you not own a tire hammer and a set of bars?

Nope. Nor do I have a way to anchor the wheel in place so that all that prying and pulling can happen. All those bars would do is help me push the damn tire/wheel all over the driveway.....

I'll just let some tire-monkeys spin the tires off that outter bead lip with their nifty machines and pray they use enough Snot to keep from tearing the tire beads.

Add this one to my list of never finished projects........ sigh.

It's new owner hauled it away. He's a CO4x4 guy so it'll be seen over there. :thumbup:

Did a build thread ever show up for this on co4x4? I just searched around there looking for t and couldn't find anything. I'm really curious to find out what happened to it, I wish I had of never sold that thing :(

Did a build thread ever show up for this on co4x4? I just searched around there looking for t and couldn't find anything. I'm really curious to find out what happened to it, I wish I had of never sold that thing :(

Nope. Heard through the grapevine that he put big axles on it, more finish work and was wheeling the hell out of it.

Nope. Heard through the grapevine that he put big axles on it, more finish work and was wheeling the hell out of it.

Heard he put a d35 under it some Gold spinners and DC shoes sticker on one window and a DUB sticker on the other and the finish work was a fake hood scoop with NOS stickers.

Back