• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC Unofficial Wheeling Trip-Hannibal Rocks ORP August 14/15th

hmmm its only about 5 hrs away. I could probably fit in a wheeling trip once before school starts. Now to just figure out what I'm gonna do about axles!

Could start by fixing the front one! :D

Well it turns out I prob won't be making Brewfest, my 4th nephews Baptism... So I'm going to shoot for this trip, its only 7hrs 44min away at 421 miles...

Hopefully I get to make this one, I've been itching to get out for about a yr now...

Care if a 'greenie' shows up?

Well, Damn. Oh well, duty calls I guess.

Been doing great, really looking forward to this gathering. It will be good to see you again, been a long time! :thumbup:

I spoke with a coworker that lives in Hannibal and he said that he called over to Injun Joe's Campground and they are located 1 mile from Hannibal Rocks ORP. My friend said it is a bit run down/redneck-ish but it has the camper and tent spots by each other and they have an area off ot the back that would keep us and our late night camp fires away from other visitors possibly. They do have a pool as well, which may be a nice added feature since it will be mid August in Missouri! :D Prices range from $22-29 per night he said. I can not find any website that is functioning for this place, so it may be a real dive.

He also said the owner told him there is a powerline trail that leads to the ORP, but we would need to talk with the park owner about using it if we wanted to drive some of the non-street legal rigs down there.

just wanted to throw this info out there for ya all.

Cheeseman-0OUT!

Non-street legal rigs, as in mine? Haha. I hope to make this, would be fun. I too will be at the RR race this weekend(look for the 5150 shirts anyone that's going and come say hi to us! We won't be racing just scoutin for next year).
Andy Stock

Yup, just like it! :D I was wanting to go this weekend to check things out but have an 80th b-day party to attend....but my wifes hot cousins will be there so it will be OK :D

haha, my thoughts exactly!! Are you gonna try and make this Byron if ya still have your rig? Should not be too far of a drive for ya is it?

Well I'd rather camp at the dump for cheaper if we can be our usual selfs:party: , than pay for a better place that we have to behave at... :lecture:

Plus its a 15min drive to the park from that campground listed...

Last edited:
...Injun Joe's Campground...it is a bit run down/redneck-ish but it has the camper and tent spots by each other

DUDE, We survived Barton's!

"When the shitter's full, just run er on down the ditch"
"I wouldn't be so bent over if'n my ol' lady would get off my back!"
and of course, who could forget,
"Yer Gawd Damn right!"

DUDE, We survived Barton's!

"When the shitter's full, just run er on down the ditch"
"I wouldn't be so bent over if'n my ol' lady would get off my back!"
and of course, who could forget,
"Yer Gawd Damn right!"

Ol' Elmo is a good ol' boy for sure!
We need to go back sometime.

I would really like to see you both there, any chance of this happening?? Mike, any chance of your "cheek chillers" making the trip?? :D

Last edited:
Mike, any chance of your "cheek chillers" making the trip?? :D

No problem! I'll send them UPS. I'll have a tracking number for you shortly......

No problem! I'll send them UPS. I'll have a tracking number for you shortly......

haha smartass!! they are only good if your in them big boy :kissyou: hope you can make it. :thumbup:

hmmm its only about 5 hrs away. I could probably fit in a wheeling trip once before school starts. Now to just figure out what I'm gonna do about axles!

Need a Co-pilot? :D I gots plenty of vacation days! :party:

Is this gonna be the Dodge's first trip?

Last edited:
I spoke with another coworker that lieve in the area and she said that Injun Joes looks run down from the road..I said "PREFECT!" I am going to try and give a call down there in the next week or so and see about reservations....haha, reservation..Injun Joe's....no pun intended! :D

Back