• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MT vs AT

roughcountry.jpg
DSC00091.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

Here are the best pics I could find. I missed the BFG specific question, but what the hell, if he can save $100 why not suggest it anyway
The pic of the ruts may not look like much but it required my bro's jeep being winched out with 4.5"lift, but only 31"m/t's I made it through with 4.5" lift and 32" a/t's. That stuff just wanted to clog the treads so badly...these clean a bit easier than BFG's I think because of the longer/straighter tread blocks as opposed to the angular tread blocks of the BFG's.
Sorry for pic sizes.

Last edited:
Have a look at the kuhmo kL 78 AT tire, clear mud a little better than most AT's and are nice on the hgwy. and the price is right also. Jegs seems to have best price i can find on them and free shipping. my o2

best MT in my opinion in a 31 would be the Dayton Timberline MT's or the Baja Widetrack MT's. same tire just different name, Dayton is owned by bridgestone/firestone so its a great tire. i had a set of the 31's on my jeep when it was a baby and i took it on the Rubicon. Was opnly locked in the rear and they gripped, Id get them again but they dont make a 37'. they are similar to the Mickey Thompson MTZ. If i had a choice between AT or MT i would go MT all the way especially if you go wheelin quite often.

roughcountry.jpg
DSC00091.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

Here are the best pics I could find. I missed the BFG specific question, but what the hell, if he can save $100 why not suggest it anyway
The pic of the ruts may not look like much but it required my bro's jeep being winched out with 4.5"lift, but only 31"m/t's I made it through with 4.5" lift and 32" a/t's. That stuff just wanted to clog the treads so badly...these clean a bit easier than BFG's I think because of the longer/straighter tread blocks as opposed to the angular tread blocks of the BFG's.
Sorry for pic sizes.

General Grabber AT2's are also a great at tire. but id still go with a MT

Back