• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mounting my tranny cooler tomorrow?

BlackJax said:
The radiator portion of the cooler doesn't do much, at least it didn't for me. When I bypassed it with a standard 10" Hayden cooler (aluminum), it dropped my temps 25-50 degrees lower than when the radiator cooler was plumbed and circulating to the Hayden.

Did you plumb in a trans temp sensor and gague to monitor the trans fluid temp? I think that would be a good safety measure if you bypass the radiator cooling and use a strictly Hayden setup. The factory must have had some kind of plan when they put it through the radiator and an extra cooler on trucks with towing package like my buddies CTD.

mikeforte said:
Did you plumb in a trans temp sensor and gague to monitor the trans fluid temp? I think that would be a good safety measure if you bypass the radiator cooling and use a strictly Hayden setup. The factory must have had some kind of plan when they put it through the radiator and an extra cooler on trucks with towing package like my buddies CTD.

They don't call it the "stealership" for nothing! ;)

I did plumb a temp gauge on the output and the input of the cooler to be sure I was getting an accurate "highest" temp reading.

If I ever have any problems, I have a copper Mocal cooler (3 row, 12") that I'll replace the Hayden with. party1:

BlackJax said:
They don't call it the "stealership" for nothing! ;)

I did plumb a temp gauge on the output and the input of the cooler to be sure I was getting an accurate "highest" temp reading.

If I ever have any problems, I have a copper Mocal cooler (3 row, 12") that I'll replace the Hayden with. party1:

Sounds like you have the questions all answered. Good Luck !

Back