• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ owners - BIGoffroad leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
How many of you MJ guys would like to see a set of lift leaf packs specifically engineered for your MJ's?

I'm currently working with my manufacturer to make our "FlexE" leaf packs available for the MJ.

Post up with your needs/preferences. Do you want 'em for spring over axle or spring under axle?

How much lift do you need?

Currently, the first versions will likely be a 0" to 4" leaf pack. The amount of lift depends on if you use it for spring under (stock height 0") or spring over (depending on spring seat height and axle diameter, up to 4" of lift).

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I think stock hieght leaves would be great, i would be interested in a set.

I would consider buying them for the XJ. That sounds like an awesome idea

Any progress on MJ leaf packs?

mine are SOA and the rear is alittle taller than the front and the front is on a rustys 8inch kit. i get pretty great flex but i would like a little less spring and some drop shackles.

mine are SOA and the rear is alittle taller than the front and the front is on a rustys 8inch kit. i get pretty great flex but i would like a little less spring and some drop shackles.

you have a prototype?

i kept the springs i have and did some drop shacklesand moved the whole mount back 4 inches on both sides. they sit was less rainbowish. and now they flex much easier.

Are these leafs still in development? Any time frame.

I think stock hieght leaves would be great, i would be interested in a set.
X2. I'd like a set of stock 4x4 leafs (for a shortbed if it matters), I'm pretty sure mine are bagged out.

What would the approximate cost be?

Whoops, sorry guys, I totally forgot about this thread as interest was kinda lack-luster so to speak.

In speaking with the guys at Alcan, they already have the ability and the specs to build stock replacement grade leaf packs and lift leaf packs. These would just be on a made-to-order basis and pricing will need to be set at the time of inquiry. I'll as them if a stock replacement leaf pack would still be in the neighborhood of a lift pack, or possibly cheaper.

As far as CrazyJim and the Jeep Speed crowd...... I'd LOVE to have you guys give me the lengths and specs you'd like to have done up for your applications. I have no doubt the Alcan guys could come up with something to meet your requirements.

Last edited:
Understandable... from what I've seen MJ guys tend to be even cheaper than XJ guys :roflmao:

Obviously the less they cost the happier I'll be... 400-500 is about the max, and actually a bit more than I was expecting, but given the reputation of your springs, they'll outlast the vehicle I put them on.

Obviously the less they cost the happier I'll be... 400-500 is about the max, and actually a bit more than I was expecting, but given the reputation of your springs, they'll outlast the vehicle I put them on.

Yep, stock specs or not, its still an Alcan pack. It takes the same effort to make a lift pack as it does a stock one, just a little less material. So the price is going to be pretty comparable.

The benefit to having a stock spec MJ pack made by Alcan is that I can still have it made with the anti-wrap leaf. Something any other recreated pack won't have. :thumbup:

Alcan has the ability to construct these to custom spring rates, so if you have a bed mounted spare, heavy tool box, spares and want a little extra load capacity for trailer hauling or loading down with occasional camping gear, they can accomodate that if you simply provide the weight range you anticipate carrying.

Understandable... from what I've seen MJ guys tend to be even cheaper than XJ guys :roflmao:

I am sure JCR would agree with you here!!

BOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back