• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Michael Jackson Dead at Age 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry about the accent, but as they say in both JOISEY & NEW YOIK, go F yourself!!! these r peeps who have to bribe the garbagemen to pick up their trash!

My biz partner lives there, so do my cousins by marriage. They are all very nice people. So now because of one person We are attacking a whole group. Does that make us any better?

She's a bitch, leave it at that.Hasta

I don't really think the remark was directed at any one person or that it was meant to disparage or intimidate anyone. It is a very common colloquialism (sp?) that most people find amusing for being simply absurd. As I understand it, there is a big difference between the word "nigger" and the word "nigga", the latter not being seen by most as a direct insult but more like a rude way of saying "someone I recognize and equate myself with". The biggest reason people are offended by "racial" remarks is they are looking for something to be offended by. I would suggest that you could have less stress in your life if you were to accept meaningless chatter for what it is and not be offended by stuff people post on a website. If that coment had been directed at you specifically or even definitely aimed at a group to which you belong, I could understand you being offended. Your generalizations are offensive to me because I am a white person who strives to be equally friendly to all groups of people without regard to color, religion or any other group in which we place ourselves. Racism exists because of people making such generalizations.
Semantics. Doesn't matter whether it ends with an "er" or an "a". It doesn't matter what he meant. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. It's what he wrote. I know that "the best form of defense is to attack", as so many of you are doing. It's the easy way out. But I hold my opinion and everything I said before. Blow smoke all you want guys, but the fact still remains that his remark was offensive and I spoke out against it.

johnnyc said:
Wait a minute.

First of all, not all of us know or like boostamante.

Second, I also don't care for racial remarks. But it is the moderators' job to censure posts as they see fit. It is not my job to preach.

Third, who are YOU (an East Coast female) to judge US as a whole? And BTW, I am not white, and neither are a lot of other SoCal members.

You lack reading comprehension johnnyc. Go back and read my post with a grammar book. "Predominantly" does not mean "all", and my "all" was in quotation marks. Who I am is irrelevant. I do however have the "balls" to speak out against the majority, and what do you have?

I did not call NAXJA honkies, I gave my opinion about the silence concerning a racial comment. The Mods represent Naxja. There is absolutely no redeeming value, no sense and no logic and certianly nothing amusing in saying "nigga" instead of any other word and you all know it. I am not here to judge or change or be your conscience. I am simply exercising my right to speak out in an intelligent manner about something that offends me.
I am done here.

Semantics. Doesn't matter whether it ends with an "er" or an "a". It doesn't matter what he meant. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. It's what he wrote. I know that "the best form of defense is to attack", as so many of you are doing. It's the easy way out. But I hold my opinion and everything I said before. Blow smoke all you want guys, but the fact still remains that his remark was offensive and I spoke out against it.

You lack reading comprehension johnnyc. Go back and read my post with a grammar book. "Predominantly" does not mean "all", and my "all" was in quotation marks. Who I am is irrelevant. I do however have the "balls" to speak out against the majority, and what do you have?

I did not call NAXJA honkies, I gave my opinion about the silence concerning a racial comment. The Mods represent Naxja. There is absolutely no redeeming value, no sense and no logic and certianly nothing amusing in saying "nigga" instead of any other word and you all know it. I am not here to judge or change or be your conscience. I am simply exercising my right to speak out in an intelligent manner about something that offends me.
I am done here.

So your offended? hmm... im offended that your offended. Semantics or not, i already expressed how it wasnt meant to be offensive or funny. Just said it ( typed it ) with not much thought put into it. Had i typed it with the intent of offending anyone, then maybe i could see why you or anyone else would say anything about it. Call it what you want, your the one getting bent over it and no one else said anything about it cause it wasnt enough to ruin anyones day but yours. In the end, this is discussion/ argument on the internet. furthermore, no one else here sees it as a racial slur but you.

Have a good day!

BTW, i recommend you watch a TV animated Show called "The Boondocks". There you will find the over use of the "N" word all day. I suggest you start writing them to tell them how displeased you are about the whole situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYMUCuodv4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9QGrpdu5Y

Enjoy!

I sure hope not. can't wait for him to try and get on someone elses (sp) grammar and their reading comprehension.
haha:flame: this guy/girl (his bio says its a female) has nothing better else to do. mighty...:sure: just drop it.:conceited

Last edited:
haha:flame: this guy/girl (his bio says its a female) has nothing better else to do. mighty...:sure: just drop it.:conceited

I think He/She/ Both possibly Is just butt hurt because they got kicked off the corner for preaching in front a liquor store and is taking it out on SoCal Chapter because lets face it.... Were Awesome!! Hasta

I sure hope not. can't wait for him to try and get on someone elses (sp) grammar and their reading comprehension.

Thank you Julio. I didn't say that the SoCal Chapter WASN'T predominantly white. It most certainly is. She was correct there.

I merely stated that I am not white. And we have plenty of OTW members. She is the one who needs to read more closely.

OJ is in jail for something completely unrelated to his original charges dude... educate yourself a bit.

Educate myself? Go back and read your original comment and then explain to me why the charges matter now. You know what...never mind. I'm done with this subject.

I did not call NAXJA honkies, I gave my opinion about the silence concerning a racial comment. The Mods represent Naxja. There is absolutely no redeeming value, no sense and no logic and certianly nothing amusing in saying "nigga" instead of any other word and you all know it.

Yes there is otherwise I wouldnt hear it every 5 seconds out of everyones mouth, white, black, little kids, rappers, tv actors. The general public is de-sensitized to it. There are bigger fish to fry, than trying to wrist slap some guy one a public forum where people looking for an argument can find it anywhere & complain about whatever they want pretending it offends their interest group.

The Michael Jackson jokes ive heard in the last week are a 100x more offensive that what that guy said before & 100x times funnier.

you niggas havin problems?

I'm white, have black friends, I call them what I want and they do the same. it's all a bunch of laughs.

I can't STAND white people getting upset over racial slurs directed towards other races....it's not directed at you, so shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back