• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Making adjustables out of fixed control arms

lighten the frig up.....Yes it can be done...a friend did it (seems he ordered wrong ones too), he bent one while out wheelin' one day, don't know if it was because he was beating on it or just the design but it bent. I tend to think he was really pushing it beyond its limits, seems to break a lot of things....lol

And, here's an easier way, as requested.

is.php

Jeffro600 said:
Got any more details on that??
What once was one, now is two.
I welded a big-assed nut onto one end and, basically, a big-assed bolt with the head cut off and slid it inside the other end and welded it.
Then, I used another big-assed nut as the jam nut, but I ended up cutting it in half for more adjustment.
It has worked great for years and, with lots of Locktite, hasn't come loose yet.
And the size of the nut hasn't proven to be a hinderance in the rocks.

is.php

Just a thought, couldn't you get by with just one upper arm for awhile? Especially if you didn't go wheeling. Then you'd have one to cut apart and make sure that you were getting the right bungs. (yes I said bungs:shocked: )

DAryl

Back