• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MAINE SUCKS....Inspection rant

natcole299

NAXJA Forum User
I moved to Maine about 2 years ago, and this inspection thing is killing me. Last year my 2001 Saab 9-5, which is completely mint, failed because of a crack in a fog light lens. Not broken glass, not burnt out bulb, an f-ing crack in the lens. $144 for a new one. Thanks, guys.

This year, 2000 XJ, also in great shape. Failed the first time around because my "rotors are little on the thin side." WTF! I know the rotors and pads are fine, I just had it apart, so I assume the guy is just looking for work. I politely explain to him that he is not touching my brakes, and move on.

Second time, same XJ, new place, they tell my my new tires are too big. Stock Rubicon wheels and tires, 30.7". Now I see trucks around Maine about every 1/4 mile with lifts and big tires, so what gives? I see cars driving around every day with the same peice of duck tape that holds the exhaust up keeping the trunk closed. WTF! Are these a-holes just trying to drum up work, or am I getting special treatment as the new guy?!!! This is total BS!!!!!!!!!!

Eyup, getting special treatment, learn the regional accent... and throw some steven king books around the inside...mainies are the northern version of the southern mountain rednecks....

Almost forgot :D :D :D

Its all in who does the inspection. I have no probs with mine at 4.5" and 31s. The mechanic agrees with me that a 31 is about the equivalent to the metric 2 sizes larger than stock that you are allowed. Cumberland county is worse I hear. Don't know about the cracked light though, Ive passed with worse than that...

Back