• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maine Jeep Jamboree

xjman88

NAXJA Forum User
Hey ya'll,
The Maine Jeep Jamboree is in September. We are planning to go as of now. We will be back in Maine come 1-2 week of May. I can't wait to get back there and wheel with you guys.

when is it? cause memorial day weekend is mohawk madness

summitlt said:
Are all makes allowed? I have a friend with a S-blazer that wants to go.

Any more info on it? Website?

GOOGLE is your friend, just look for Jeep Jamboree.

and no, your buddy with the blazer is not allowed. it's a Jeep thing ya know.. i won't do a Jambo because of the $$ involved. anywhere from $250 to $400 PER PERSON is plain wrong. at least Camp Jeep you pay for the rig and passengers are "free"

$250 to $400 per person?! where do I sign up!? lol

Definatly wont be going onthat trip, i was thinking is was a club ride, not a ride for richies

$250 per adult BUT comes with a t-shirt! I know the area well, I honestly can't see what reasoning for that much money is?

Jeep Jamborees arent what they began as. now it's a commercial entity. i absolutley can't believe you don't know what a Jeep Jamboree is. they do them all over the country and are sponsored by the Jeep brand. generally lead by a local club. i would go to one as a vacation to an area i don't know or have no connections with, just to get the full experience.
do a google on Mark Smith, and Jeep Jamboree

yea but i was told recently and read somewhere tha they are lowering the price of them, and the meals can either be included or not. and they are trying to get more people out by making them more interesting and lowering the price. i still dont know if i want put out enough money where i am still eating a part that i could of bought instead just to go for a weekend of wheeling. so many the prices go down and i will look into it and see. but right now theres no way that i can putting any amount of money towards something of that nature. besides im still paying for college. so thats my limiting factor

I didn't realize it would cost so much. Makes me want to plan our own weekend get together of camping and wheeling. That may be in the works. I will let everyone know.

The NAC would also really like to do another chapter event in Maine. The last one was 2-1/2 years ago. When I was chapter president I tried to contact the local club that guides the Jeep Jamborees, and I got no response. I don't know if they are just unfriendly or if they feel a need to keep "their" trails around Bethel secret.

The USGA maps of that part of the state show a tremendous number of "Jeep trails," but it's impossible to tell from a USGS map if they are open to the public, and if they are passable by stock vehicles, lightly modded vehicles, or only heavily modded vehicles. All that has to be taken into account. If there isn't a mix of trails, either the big dogs get bored or the little dogs can't run, or destroy their Jeeps trying to keep up.

If any of you new members from Maine have any contacts in the Bethel area, please feel free to follow up and see if they are open to helping us plan an event. Likewise, for a few days of camping, relaxation, and mild wheeling I personally would be very interested in just checking out the forest roads in the northern part of the state, up beyond Baxter.

jeepmanxj94 said:
yea but i was told recently and read somewhere tha they are lowering the price of them, and the meals can either be included or not. and they are trying to get more people out by making them more interesting and lowering the price. i still dont know if i want put out enough money where i am still eating a part that i could of bought instead just to go for a weekend of wheeling. so many the prices go down and i will look into it and see. but right now theres no way that i can putting any amount of money towards something of that nature. besides im still paying for college. so thats my limiting factor

The price drop isn't all it is cracked up to be. The "Just Trails" option as they are referring to it is still $195 per person and is only available at certain locations (NOT in Bethel). My girlfriend and I went last year and it was a good time, BUT it was definitely expensive by the time you add in lodging and the cost of the Jamboree. Would I do it again? Maybe...if I had the extra money, but I can think of a lot better things I would rather spend $500 on. It was one of those things I wanted to try just once...I would much prefer to do the NAC events in the future...if I get a chance to work on the Jeep some more that is...

I can see paying for food, lodging, etc. But paying to wheel free public trails?

98XJSport said:
I can see paying for food, lodging, etc. But paying to wheel free public trails?

Yeah that is what I found strange about the whole thing..."supposedly" or according to Jeep's advertising, they only open those specific trails for the Jeep Jamboree as they all are on "private" land...BUT according to the guides (members of Western Maine Mountain Jeepers), they wheel that land all the time as their club has permission to use it...so like you said, it is public to one degree, but then again kind of private in another...

The more and more you read about it, you will quickly see (like someone mentioned earlier) that it is all a marketing gimmick for Jeep. Just a way for "pavement wheelers" to actually get their shiny Jeeps dirty for two days. Although I must say that it was quite entertaining to watch a stock "Trail Rated" Jeep Liberty try to make it through the "stocker" trails...That couple had a long day..."Trail Rated"....riggghhhttt....made me appreciate my Cherokee that much more...

Hm that would almost be worth going to see in itself lol.

98XJSport said:
Hm that would almost be worth going to see in itself lol.

The whole group got a real kick out of watching that "Trail Rated" Jeep try to make it through the trail...I think by the end of the day it had been pulled or winched through almost every "challenging" part of the trail...It ended up slashing one stock Goodyear GSA on a rock...ripped the sidewall right apart, which I can't imagine why since the GSA is such a capable offroad tire.. HA! I think they also ended up beating up the rocker panels and bending a tie rod on a rock/pebble....

Pretty sad really....I just chuckled as my XJ rolled right through everything with ease....

rhino said:
Yeah that is what I found strange about the whole thing..."supposedly" or according to Jeep's advertising, they only open those specific trails for the Jeep Jamboree as they all are on "private" land...BUT according to the guides (members of Western Maine Mountain Jeepers), they wheel that land all the time as their club has permission to use it...so like you said, it is public to one degree, but then again kind of private in another...

what part of that indicates that it is even the slightest bit "public"? ? ?

a local club has persued land owners to obtain SPECIFIC WRITTEN PERMISSION to use the land for their organization. how would that translate into "public" in any language?

looks cut-and-dry to me. thats part of the draw of the Jambo's is that places are open to you that are not generally open. but there are other places like western Ma where up till last year they ran the Mohawk Trail Jamoree. they had obtained some private land but several of the trails they used are absolutley open for use, as they are just old town roads of which maintenance has been discontinued.

sidriptide said:
what part of that indicates that it is even the slightest bit "public"? ? ?

a local club has persued land owners to obtain SPECIFIC WRITTEN PERMISSION to use the land for their organization. how would that translate into "public" in any language?

looks cut-and-dry to me. thats part of the draw of the Jambo's is that places are open to you that are not generally open. but there are other places like western Ma where up till last year they ran the Mohawk Trail Jamoree. they had obtained some private land but several of the trails they used are absolutley open for use, as they are just old town roads of which maintenance has been discontinued.

Point taken...my apologies. Thanks for correcting me. I don't know what I was thinking...

Last edited:
Back