• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lytle Creek Sun 1/27

wow...what a day of GETTING STUCK! Thanks David, Thanks Andy, for pulling my scrawny tired under height ass out a few times, Andy for getting stuck with us too- I appreciate you guys not pissing on us stock guys for being stock and holding you back, and for the advice, etc.
I look forward to learning more from you.

Ed

I was just starting to wonder when you guys would be back...

I am tired. I will try to post up some pics/vids tomorrow.

Dennis, when its water falling from the sky frozen......it can't F'up my engine. haha

bassthumb said:
wow...what a day of GETTING STUCK! Thanks David, Thanks Andy, for pulling my scrawny tired under height ass out a few times, Andy for getting stuck with us too- I appreciate you guys not pissing on us stock guys for being stock and holding you back, and for the advice, etc.
I look forward to learning more from you.

Ed

Its all good. Hopefully you still had a good time even with the trouble. I did!!! And THANKS for your help getting me unstuck so I could get you unstuck. haha

yep we had fun except for the part sitting in line for an hour waiting to get past who the f#$@ knows what ---- that traffic jam caused me to be an hour and 30 late to get my kids. :firedevil
that run has me determined to get some decent meat and lockers on my rig asap!!!!

I'm happy to help someone get unstuck (esp. someone who got stuck helping me get unstuck so I could get restuck) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bassthumb said:
yep we had fun except for the part sitting in line for an hour waiting to get past who the f#$@ knows what ---- that traffic jam caused me to be an hour and 30 late to get my kids. :firedevil
that run has me determined to get some decent meat and lockers on my rig asap!!!!

I'm happy to help someone get unstuck (esp. someone who got stuck helping me get unstuck so I could get restuck) :)
Haha, they didn't slow us down one bit!! Of course we were coming out of there with MAJOR anger issues... and were just taking it out on all the idiots on the hill. Needless to say we got quite a few people wet, andy busted someone's mirror, and had a few more close calls. Ahhh the fun.

I'm about ready to pass out though, I've got HORRIBLE arm pump from all that digging :(

Last edited by a moderator:
crazyjim said:
Haha, they didn't slow us down one bit!! Of course we were coming out of there with MAJOR anger issues... and were just taking it out on all the idiots on the hill. Needless to say we got quite a few people wet, andy busted someone's mirror, and had a few more close calls. Ahhh the fun.

I'm about ready to pass out though, I've got HORRIBLE arm pump from all that digging :(

D'OH!! Leaving was just plain crazy..there was an offshoot though that some of the 4xs were using...

tcm glx said:
D'OH!! Leaving was just plain crazy..there was an offshoot though that some of the 4xs were using...
Yea... well we actually took another trail up once you guys left... so we spent another hour or so up there. Unfortunately it just got more and more packed. I got to meet a couple of "The Few" assholes :mad: I really hope I never run into ANY of them again...

Other than that, on the way down the hill, it was pretty tight squeezing between the escalades, benzes and dumbshits parked on the ROAD to see the pretty white stuff that fell from the sky.

Hey, I had a good time and am glad you guys came along. I get irritated with these guys and their "holier than thou" attitudes......I'm sure they didn't start out "expert" wheelers in totally built rigs, they forget where they came from and need to cut other less "expert" wheelers some slack. So, don't let them get to you. Just have fun! Let's do something again soon. ----------Hans

Thanks for getting us together Hans....great times!!

Sure enough, I should have known better, i got a nasty cold now today!! But thats okay, gooooood times yesterday!

crazyjim said:
I got to meet a couple of "The Few" assholes :mad: I really hope I never run into ANY of them again...
weird, i see those guys at azusa all the time, they seem like a pretty good bunch... of course in any group there's bound to be some assholes. :dunno:

GrimmJeeper said:
weird, i see those guys at azusa all the time, they seem like a pretty good bunch... of course in any group there's bound to be some assholes. :dunno:
Well to give you an idea... on the way up the trail in 4 foot deep snow, that huge white Dodge Ram was sitting RIGHT in the middle of the trail. Driver saw us coming up, yet didn't move. What did he do? He pointed to the side, to send me around him. Mind you I was already struggling on the trail itself because of ground clearance. I was luckily able to skinny pedal my way around him, but not by much.

Second, I got stuck... and I mean stuck stuck on the trail further up. For around 45 minutes at least. After trying to pull me out etc, and breaking Andy's bumper, we gave up and tried to figure something else out. As I'm sitting there, that huge Eskimo dude in the Land Cruiser came down. Looked at me like I was stupid, didn't offer to help me with his billion inch tires he had, but instead tried to go around me. In the process of going around me, he almost hit me about 4 times. He couldnt' get out of the groove even with those big ass tires. So when I finally got unstuck, I started to back down till I found a place to turn around, which ended up meaning backing down a couple miles at least. Dave also had to do the same thing, and the entire time backing down, all I could see out my front window was a Land Cruiser grill and his stupid little posse behind him.

When I finally did get turned around, I backed into a spot, before I could go forward, they blasted past me, splashing me with slush, on an already cold and miserable moment... So as far as I'm concerned, they represented themselves HORRIBLY and I do NOT plan on being kind, civil, or nice to ANY of them. It may be a better idea to not take me out to Asuza, it'd be hard for me to refrain from saying something to them.

Karstic, I'm not sure on the trail... Hans would know. So would some of the other guys I'm sure, I wasn't paying attention, I was too busy navigating the morons.

To the rest of you!! WHERE'S THE PICTURES AND VIDEOS?!?! Tony I know you got some good ones, and DesertRacer (forgot your name :laugh:) I know you got video of my attempted J-Turn :D

crazyjim said:
Well to give you an idea... on the way up the trail in 4 foot deep snow, that huge white Dodge Ram was sitting RIGHT in the middle of the trail. Driver saw us coming up, yet didn't move. What did he do? He pointed to the side, to send me around him. Mind you I was already struggling on the trail itself because of ground clearance. I was luckily able to skinny pedal my way around him, but not by much.

Second, I got stuck... and I mean stuck stuck on the trail further up. For around 45 minutes at least. After trying to pull me out etc, and breaking Andy's bumper, we gave up and tried to figure something else out. As I'm sitting there, that huge Eskimo dude in the Land Cruiser came down. Looked at me like I was stupid, didn't offer to help me with his billion inch tires he had, but instead tried to go around me. In the process of going around me, he almost hit me about 4 times. He couldnt' get out of the groove even with those big ass tires. So when I finally got unstuck, I started to back down till I found a place to turn around, which ended up meaning backing down a couple miles at least. Dave also had to do the same thing, and the entire time backing down, all I could see out my front window was a Land Cruiser grill and his stupid little posse behind him.

When I finally did get turned around, I backed into a spot, before I could go forward, they blasted past me, splashing me with slush, on an already cold and miserable moment... So as far as I'm concerned, they represented themselves HORRIBLY and I do NOT plan on being kind, civil, or nice to ANY of them. It may be a better idea to not take me out to Asuza, it'd be hard for me to refrain from saying something to them.
maybe next time I go to azusa I should ride with them and let corys law take effect!!! they won't even know what hit them!!!

Back