• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Luckys Lady tow vehicle needs help - ASAP PLEASE

I agree!!! POTATO SOUP!!!! mmmmm............ok i gotta quit droolin.

OOOpps - Do I need to start another thread? I think after a 'hard and muddy' day of wheelin - doesn't a nice big pot of not too hot homemade potato soup sound good on a cold wet night?

Luckys Lady said:
OOOpps - Do I need to start another thread? I think after a 'hard and muddy' day of wheelin - doesn't a nice big pot of not too hot homemade potato soup sound good on a cold wet night?

Sounds like you are quite the cook, please tell me you are coming to northwest fest? :chef:

-Alex

I am hoping hubz will be home by then. Like he said in the NWfest posting"time will tell" is our moto now.

As for the potato soup, we have a gas grill I think it can be done. BUT, there will need to be some rationed portions. I dont know if our lil gas grill can handle the weight of more than 10 lbs of potatos boilin away?

We'll see - I am planning on making as much as we can handle bringing.:thumbup:

Luckys Lady said:
I am hoping hubz will be home by then. Like he said in the NWfest posting"time will tell" is our moto now.

As for the potato soup, we have a gas grill I think it can be done. BUT, there will need to be some rationed portions. I dont know if our lil gas grill can handle the weight of more than 10 lbs of potatos boilin away?

We'll see - I am planning on making as much as we can handle bringing.:thumbup:

Ive got a deep frier pot that is about 5 gallons and has a metal stand with a burner on the bottom. It holds 3 or so gallons of oil and a 12# turkey.

I got your message, ill give your cell phone a call Saturday, dont know if its too late tonight.

help - Now I am stranded in port orchard - fuel pump went on the zj!

Eli, erik or Matt please call this number 253-307-6862.

I am at Rock Meadow Ranch in Gig Harbor a friends house. The number is my friend Angela's she will expect some of you guys to call.
thanks again

Last edited:
WHELP - after a bunch of stress. Got the ZJ towed 5miles to its destination (Rock Meadow Ranch)in Gig Harbor. Now I need to send her to the shop:rattle: .

We all ended up coming home and crashing 11pm! More on the details later - gotta go clean house now!

BTW - CELL IS DEAD AGAIN AND NOT RECHARGING AGAIN.:smsoap:
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!:heart:

Luckys Lady said:
WHELP - after a bunch of stress. Got the ZJ towed 5miles to its destination (Rock Meadow Ranch)in Gig Harbor. Now I need to send her to the shop:rattle: .

We all ended up coming home and crashing 11pm! More on the details later - gotta go clean house now!

BTW - CELL IS DEAD AGAIN AND NOT RECHARGING AGAIN.:smsoap:
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!:heart:

Glad to hear you all got home at a (sort of) reasonable hour - and I'm sorry I wasn't able to be more help than moral support. :) I should carry tools in all my vehicles (at least more than a tire iron and a roll of duct tape)!

-i

Dang, All the fun I have been missing...

Is the Water Pump issue fisished up?

What's your vehicular status?

Water Pump issue is much closer to complete than my ZJ. I can only hope its the fuel pump...Just gotta get the stinkin thing off friends property and somehow get her back to my house on North Fort Lewis:helpme: .

Once I get the water pump issue done on hubz XJ, I can get it inspected, re-registered then I will then have it to tool around in besides my trusty 99 Dodge Stratus (family mobile).

If any of ya'll have an idea where I can get a flat bed trailer to haul ZJ back, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I have had many of my 'horsey' friends support these past few days you NAXJA folks have been a great help too. I guess I'll be cooking MANY more batches of Potato Soup than I had originally thought:laugh3: .

GGRRRR - Again the perils of a stressed out Army wife without her best friend. I really believe the Angels have been watching over me and hubz and the rest of my family and friends!

My brother has a trailer down in Oly.

If his toy is not loaded, I might be able to steel it, but he will probably have his tow rig down in Oregon.

Last edited:
Okay - here's the update. ZJ is still at Rockmeadow Ranch, 8603 State Route 302 NW, Gig Harbor,Wa. I found hubz "Schuck's" receipt for the fuel pump in Mar 07. That was the big job he did just days before he deployed. Could possibly be a vaccum issue? I dunno. Has a full tank of gas, tries to start, jsut wont kick over. Maybe keeling over? Maybe a local shop can help without killing me with towing? Any help - I promise to fill bellies with my soup!

Ever so grateful to all of you folks here who've helped me out...Cant wait til this is all done with!

Last edited:
Back