• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lowering XJ

Well the axle is about 3.25", the perch is another .5" and the leaf pack is another 1", so yeah I guess it could be almost 5" drop for SU...uh oh :)

from what I understand if you use the REAR coils out of a v8 grand cherokee you will get about a 3" drop in the front. Picked up a set but haven't put them in my comanche yet.

from what I understand if you use the REAR coils out of a v8 grand cherokee you will get about a 3" drop in the front. Picked up a set but haven't put them in my comanche yet.

I find that hard to believe, but I really don't know.

Regarding the spring rates, there's a thread around here somewhere with the various heights, wire diameters, and rates- I stumbled across it the other day trying to cross-reference ZJ spring numbers. With some searching you should be able to find it or another (might even have been on Pirate- if I could find it again, I'd post the link).

as a lifted guy who just recently did a rear coil conversion on his own, and has a bit of experience with the road too ( SCCA member and autocrosser, with a class championship and Rookie of the Year under my belt, with a slammed Nissan pickup, no less), I can tell you with all confidence that any tj front spring will give you exactly 1-1/4" LESS ride height than an XJ spring...xj's are longer, I imagine because of the unitbody constuction giving a little more wiggle room..keep up the quests, I like the idea of a street sleeper xj...they can be made to handle very well( hell I run away from idiot commuters on highway ramps lifted 7" on 35's!)......

How about for the back doing a sua conversion which is about 5" then using a mj shackle to give you about a 1" lift giving you 4" in back combined with the zj springs in the front for 3" giving a nice 3/4 drop. you could also use the air lift in coil bag in front to stiffen the spring as needed

That's pretty much what you have to do to get the rear down more than 2": SUA&taller shackle, cause 5" is too low. 3-4" is a nice stance and you can still go over curbs when need be.

as a lifted guy who just recently did a rear coil conversion on his own, and has a bit of experience with the road too ( SCCA member and autocrosser, with a class championship and Rookie of the Year under my belt, with a slammed Nissan pickup, no less), I can tell you with all confidence that any tj front spring will give you exactly 1-1/4" LESS ride height than an XJ spring...xj's are longer, I imagine because of the unitbody constuction giving a little more wiggle room..keep up the quests, I like the idea of a street sleeper xj...they can be made to handle very well( hell I run away from idiot commuters on highway ramps lifted 7" on 35's!)......

That could be interesting, got to thinking about it and wondered if it would be possile to modify a 242 so you could run in the 4low gear set with the center diff unlocked like in full time mode at the same time instead of locked like you'd get in part time or regular 4Lo.

That's pretty much what you have to do to get the rear down more than 2": SUA&taller shackle, cause 5" is too low. 3-4" is a nice stance and you can still go over curbs when need be.

Hey what do you run for shocks? What other vehicles run a similar shock setup to an XJ but have a lot shorter shocks?

I'm running stock xj bilsteins, which only have 1.5" of travel available at the moment(my ride is stiff--I also have stiffer springs). I actually was just thinking about emailing bilstein a few weeks ago to find out what app would get me a couple more inches of travel, as well as what I could use for the steering stabilizer(tired of looking at the rancho). It would have to have the stud up front and the bar in the back. Another thing on the backburner(oh that M3 is still the same distance away. . .)

it´s a regular limited with the bodykit of the performance, in england called stealth.
i have only some older pics

1523704.jpg

1523705.jpg

1523707.jpg
is that a body kit where did u get that ???????????????? i want ONE!

is that a body kit where did u get that ???????????????? i want ONE!

Seriously? Read the text you quoted...

It is a model sold in Europe called the Stealth.

It would be cool if someone copied the front bumper though. I'd get one for the race Jeep.

Im working on something similar right now. Taking the chin spoiler from an old Volvo GL and fitting it to the XJ bumper. It will look similar to the Stealth bumper.

Back