• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Low to High Pinion

That burning smell went away, I'm guessing that was just fluids that sprayed when I bled the brakes or oil that got spilled, My main thing was vibes. I just dropped the drive shaft and thought I'd check for updates before heading for a test run. I didn't think the rotors could cause vibes. their dimensions are only a matter of millimeters off between the two. I doubt it could be a bad spring, I know my front driver side spring is bad because when the vehicle shifts or moves it creaks like its bad

Did you set the pinion to specs? FSM calls for between 1/2 and 1 degrees, almost straight. Excessive pinion angle can cause serious vibs.
Are the pinion bearing tight (zero slop) and smooth turning?
How about the drive shaft, CV joint and slip joint both tight?

I didn't reset the pinion angle. I only added the Teraflex 2" Budget Boost. I did throw some skyjacker shocks in the front to accommodate for those two inches. I have yet to put the rear ones in. I am looking at the Old Man Emu Tcase lowering kit from quadratec to solve the pinion in the rear. I didn't think that the pinion would be so off that I would get vibrations from the front, without the front shaft in. I'm going to take it to get it looked at today at a shop that deals with ORVs. Hopefully they can tell me what's wrong and what i can do to fix it. I am guessing the rear rides rough from 20-35 mph (AW4 tranny) because of a combination between the pinion angle, and reusing the old u bolts on the rear axle. I've read somewhere that you shouldn't do that because the bolts stretch and I didn't use a torque wrench to tighten them to 52 ft lbs

Back