• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for 4" (ish) lift coils

Jared

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get the ZJ up a little to clear some bigger tires. I am running out of steam on replacing the motor and need something to get me more excited about working on it. I am one of the cheapest people alive, so if you want top dollar for used coils, try your luck with KSL.

Mostly, I am trying to prevent myself from getting a set of four 3" poly spacers, 'cause man, that's ghetto!

Thanks,
Jared:patriot:

You're doing a front to rear coil swap, aren't you?

FWIW, I used Rubicon Express 4.5" XJ coils in the front and moved my stock front coils to the rear. Came out close to 3.5" front and back. I really liked the coils in the back, but the RE coils were too soft for me in the front.

Yep, that's the basic plan! Thanks for the info.

I would also settle for 3" coils up front and just use a spacer. This thing isn't going to be much of a sweet off-roader... stock control arms, LP D30 with factory CV joints, and a CV joint front driveshaft.

BTW - What tires could you fit with 3.5"? I am planning on 255/75R17's, running JK Rubicon wheels and 1.25" thick adapters... which should put me at about 4.75" back spacing.

Lolz If I get tired of my butt lift soon I will be buying some new coils if I don't go to fall fling. They are teraflex 4.5" but about 4" by now I would say.

Love love love my deaver coils.

I would love, love, love some $25 "who gives a crap what brand but provides me with 3.5-4" of front lift on a V8 ZJ" coils. I ain't building this for Jeepspeed. :)

My neighbor just picked up some RE 5.5" springs for his XJ. He should be taking off his 3" springs and pucks soon and posting them on KSL

Back