• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Look what I started today

Cowboydoc said:
Do you by chance have any plans drawn up for that front bumper...I like it! The whole durn rig looks pretty good to me man.

if he had a plan he'd still have rear quarter panels, not a tube buggy

:D

Smart asses......:D

Okay, I can't get my photobucket to cozy up to my Easyshare program yet, so you get no pictures.

finished the front bumper, picked up shocks, picked up tail light stuff, and ordered my bead locks...

Looks great doesn't it!

;)

100_4177.jpg

Its getting closer, still have ton's of crap to do before this weekend.
It ain't gonna' be done but it should be at least drivable.
One of the local Highway Patrol dudes came bye to give it the once over, he made some suggestions to keep its kinda' sorta' street legal then asked when we could take it out and beat it up a bit!
After BB it goes moth ball for a month. I knew my time frame was going to be tight when I first started it. It needed to be buttoned up before vacation, and vacation starts next Friday...

Rick

Jump This said:
Its getting closer, still have ton's of crap to do before this weekend.
It ain't gonna' be done but it should be at least drivable.

After BB it goes moth ball for a month. I knew my time frame was going to be tight when I first started it. It needed to be buttoned up before vacation, and vacation starts next Friday...Rick

WOW! you will be busier than a one legged man in an ass-kicking competition...

So does drivable and wheelable mean the same thing?

vacation - a month long? must be nice...

hey I saw your postings (but of course cant reply over there) of your fuel pump wiring, and how it still needs to be finished.

Just thought I would pass on a bit of info that sometimes is overlooked and some dont catch for a while if its over looked. There is a black ground wire, about 10ga that used to be grounded (has a ring lug on it) to the rear driverside inner body panel, just about 6" or so forward of the filler neck area. Well if that lug isnt grounded, it wont start. Just an FYI in case it applies and you dont know or remember that.

Looks good though!

Last edited:
Jump This said:
One of the local Highway Patrol dudes came bye to give it the once over, he made some suggestions to keep its kinda' sorta' street legal
Rick

And what were the concerns that he expressed? I am in a very similiar boat (er um rig) and would like to hear what he had to say.

ROBERTK said:
And what were the concerns that he expressed? I am in a very similiar boat (er um rig) and would like to hear what he had to say.

I grounded the pump and if I supply it with outside power it runs, so its someplace down steam from the switch. :D

The HP said I need both side view mirrors since the rear view mirror is obstructed. He suggested running bigger flares on the front fenders and some sort of removable mud flaps (red neck style) on the back.
We went over many other issues but he believes if its used around common off road areas any cops around would let some things pass as long as it appeared as though I put some effort into making it legal.
But I want to drive it around downtown San Diego just to see the looks on people's faces!

:D

Rick

rpraterxj said:
WOW! you will be busier than a one legged man in an ass-kicking competition...

So does drivable and wheelable mean the same thing?

vacation - a month long? must be nice...

Vacation won't be a full month, I just need to be able to get things buttoned up before I take a three week vacation. Old people need more time to recharge than you youngin's do!
Right Ken? :D

I fully intend to wheel it....

I'll see what happens between now and Friday morning, if things go well this will be the beasts maiden voyage!

Jump This said:
Vacation won't be a full month, I just need to be able to get things buttoned up before I take a three week vacation. Old people need more time to recharge than you youngin's do!
Right Ken? :D

I fully intend to wheel it....

I'll see what happens between now and Friday morning, if things go well this will be the beasts maiden voyage!

How would I know anything about Old People Recharging?.........SANTA

Looking really good Rick. Man, it sure has come together in last couple of weeks. Good luck getting the rest of it rapped up before BB........See ya up there.

100_4190.jpg

Got the seats done today and added a gas filler line with cap. Donated off of my latest project Jeep.
100_4189.jpg

100_4188.jpg

I have two days to finish it up enough to tow it up to Big Bear...can I make it?

:dunno:

Rick

mikedashg said:
You can do it!!!! What's left? I want to see this thing.

C U IN BB

I need to make it towable, although I do have a 24' enclosed trailer I could use, but it would take a bit of effort to unload the dune buggies and crap from it first.
The other issues are electrical, no power to CB, or radio or fuel pump....
I SHOULD be able to fix all that.
Now don't exspect it to be 'finished' there were alot of short cuts taken in order to make it out this weekend, but....

Keep it going buddy..... looking good. Looking forward to seeing it in action this weekend.

Jump This said:
I need to make it towable, although I do have a 24' enclosed trailer I could use, but it would take a bit of effort to unload the dune buggies and crap from it first.
The other issues are electrical, no power to CB, or radio or fuel pump....
I SHOULD be able to fix all that.
Now don't exspect it to be 'finished' there were alot of short cuts taken in order to make it out this weekend, but....

CB? Radio? Come on. My CB don't work, and when I honk my horn, it shorts the electrical system and everything dies (lights, radio), I'm still going.

Back