• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Look what I started today

if you want to detour thru torrance rick, i will fix all your electrical problems, i dont work for the rest of the week so i'll be here. or, if you have probs afterwards bring it out to azusa sunday and i'll fix it out there, i always have the wiring shit in the truck just in case something i rigged up in my truck craps out :D

GrimmJeeper said:
if you want to detour thru torrance rick, i will fix all your electrical problems, i dont work for the rest of the week so i'll be here. or, if you have probs afterwards bring it out to azusa sunday and i'll fix it out there, i always have the wiring shit in the truck just in case something i rigged up in my truck craps out :D

What about my problems? Did I mention my horn doesn't honk but it shorts everything out? :D

P7250012.jpg

mikedashg said:
What about my problems? Did I mention my horn doesn't honk but it shorts everything out? :D

P7250012.jpg
come on up, if i cant figure it out i'll give you a free ice cream :D we can make a work party out of it.

GrimmJeeper said:

Get your butt up to Big Bear!
But, like I said, its probably not going to be too big a deal (should know better than to say that!)
Thanks for the offer.

:D

Rick

There is good news and some bad news....
First the good.
Everything on the list got done this morning!
Took it out for a spin and (now for the bad news) found out
there is more to be done before it can head on up to BB.
There was hope that I could tie the body to the cage later, it needs to be done prior to any wheeling.
The running lights come on in the back all the time....how the hell that happened I don't know, they worked fine yesterday.
Still no power to radio or CB, but I was willing to take it out anyway.
Its too damn loud and there needs to be some sort of air damn built to channel air into the cab. Right now it sucks the exhaust fumes right back into the cab area.
OH WELL....it wasn't do to lack of effort!
100_4192.jpg

I'll see you all up in BB anyway.

Rick

Jump This said:
There is good news and some bad news....
First the good.
Everything on the list got done this morning!
Took it out for a spin and (now for the bad news) found out
there is more to be done before it can head on up to BB.
There was hope that I could tie the body to the cage later, it needs to be done prior to any wheeling.
The running lights come on in the back all the time....how the hell that happened I don't know, they worked fine yesterday.
Still no power to radio or CB, but I was willing to take it out anyway.
Its too damn loud and there needs to be some sort of air damn built to channel air into the cab. Right now it sucks the exhaust fumes right back into the cab area.
OH WELL....it wasn't do to lack of effort!
100_4192.jpg

I'll see you all up in BB anyway.

Rick

Looks great Rick!

So you're coming up anyways! Awesome. I take it that you will be in your "new" Jeep ? We can get through Gold Mountain in the new one...

Seriously though, you don;t want to try to wheel something that's not read. Especially after the hard work you put into it.

We can always do a maiden run for you when it's completed...

See you this weekend!

rpraterxj said:
Looks great Rick!

So you're coming up anyways! Awesome. I take it that you will be in your "new" Jeep ? We can get through Gold Mountain in the new one...

Seriously though, you don;t want to try to wheel something that's not read. Especially after the hard work you put into it.

We can always do a maiden run for you when it's completed...

See you this weekend!

I'm not even taking the Red Rider up there. I'm hoping I can ride bitch with someone....
I am kinda' bumned, that was a lot of garage time for it not to make it.
Oh well, it should be ready for my vacation time in two weeks.
I'm also thinking that JV is less than an hour from BB, maybe a night run up Claw or something when I'm up there for a couple of weeks....

Rick

Last edited:
Jump This said:
I'm not even taking the Red Rider up there. I'm hoping I can ride bitch with someone....Rick

I don't think someone would mind you being their bitch for a day... LOL

Hell, if we bring both of ours, you can ride or drive my XJ. Right now though, I am only planning on bringing the wife's TJ. I want to focus on her driving and picking the lines.

My bitch seat is yours if you want it.

Kyung

corbinafly said:

Kyung

This here seat is yours and I want it, bitch!

corbinafly said:

Kyung
Okay. I want to play too...

My seat Bitch!!......If you want,... it is yours...(SLAP!!!)

:doh:

I was Johnny's Bitch out at Big Bear last weekend!
Thanks Johnny (next time I'll spot you okay?)
Managed to get some more work done this morning.
100_4232.jpg

100_4233.jpg

100_4234.jpg

The radio needs to be fixed, then it gets loaded up into the trailer. Three weeks in Big Bear this time.

Rick

I have now seen the biggest booger weld ever on your base plate. What kind of rod are you using, the slag looks kinda white.

Jump This said:
I was Johnny's Bitch out at Big Bear last weekend!
Thanks Johnny (next time I'll spot you okay?)......
Ouch!!:twak:

100_4240.jpg

The quick fix was on this morning. Took it for a test run and it works great, a bit of dust back fill, but its a lot of friggin' fun!
It gets loaded into the trailer today.......three weeks in BB and JV!

Rick

Back