• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longfeild "U" Joint- 1... Warn Axle Shaft- 0

Looking at the other pictures it seems to me a bolt gave way and caused a catostrofic failure! LOL! Was that one that warn supplied?

Ghost said:
Looking at the other pictures it seems to me a bolt gave way and caused a catostrofic failure! LOL! Was that one that warn supplied?

The bolt didn't give way it was Farmered!

No they looked to be some surplus farm sheite!

hinkley

Ghost said:

Funny, I was just wondering the same thing.
Here is the pic I was just looking at.
P2220066.JPG

Do you think a grade 8 bolt and nut would have helped? I am asking because I will be installing a new bumper and winch soon and figure I would learn from others experience.

Bryan

Bryan C. said:
Do you think a grade 8 bolt and nut would have helped? I am asking because I will be installing a new bumper and winch soon and figure I would learn from others experience.

Bryan

No, this was a case of the bolt was loose and finally gave way when it reached it's last few threads. This happened when Matt was hung BIG TIME on the rear diff.

The scary part is I was close to being in the wrong place when it started to let go. The picture shows how far it moved but when I was in the wrong place I was able to get Matt to stop before it came off completely!

hinkley

BTW when we put it back straight the winch worked just fine. No more pulling but we were able to wind in all the cable!

Now that I look at it closely, the bolt is intact, but the nut is stretched out and the threads are pulled out. Thanks for the reply.

Bryan

Warn winches suck. Go Ramsey or go home. ;)

CRASH

FarmerMatt said:
Go hydro or go HOME

This kind of carnage would never have occured if Jeni were driving.

CRASH

Back