• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little Red

comancheclub says 92-96 Ranger.

would probably fit.
measurements are off by 1/2 inch or so, but the comanche seems to have really wide bed rails.

80's s10 is straight identical. I'll look into the one piece plastic job for the ranger.

lucky score today. Raw fiberglass AMC vintage header panel and a many slot grill.

2014-05-28%2019.36.50_zpsh02y0kbt.jpg

that's a factory MJ D44 in the backround.

yay DIY metric tonne.

The RENIX era fiberglass is different from the 91-96? I didn't know that. I guess I'll have to give the ones on my 88 MJs to RENIX aficionados when I remove them instead of tossing them in the dumpster.

I don't know if the glass is different but the grille is very different from Renix to HO. Renix is several pieces as the trim surround is separate. HO is three pieces, center grille, right headlamp door, left headlamp door.

Yeah, I've owned a few HO era ones and they're dumb enough for me, especially the screws directly into fiberglass that aren't stainless and rust down till they break off, leaving a rusted-in thread stub stuck flush in the fiberglass. Awesome.

RENIX era ones I knew the trim was different since it annoyed the shit out of me on my 88 MJ, but I didn't know the fiberglass was different.

Honestly this is one reason I love the late model nose, the screws are all stainless and all go into nylon clip nuts instead of going straight into the fiberglass. Worstcase you just replace a clipnut.

The RENIX era fiberglass is different from the 91-96? I didn't know that. I guess I'll have to give the ones on my 88 MJs to RENIX aficionados when I remove them instead of tossing them in the dumpster.

yes. You should give them to me, cause I need headlight buckets that aren't broken and metal trim that's not bent.

Chryco changed the mounting for the bucket trim and turn signals so they didn't need the metal clips, but that's stupid, because screws straight into fiberglass that have to be removed many times over the life of the vehicle is stupid.

in summation, chryco is stupid, AMC mo better.

Back