• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifting a 2wd XJ? Ebay lifts?

2 inches is a negated when you give a fat guy a ride, thats nothing =\
3" is the least i would lift any cherokee. anything less is for mall crawlers who cant shit, 0R get off the pot.

if you're that worried about ride quality, go buy a kia. this is a jeep. 3" all the way.

There are a lot of people rolling around trails with 2" and 31" tires. 3" means new shocks, probably SYE, adjustable trackbar, and worse ride because of the control arm geometry, which also means more wear on the unibody.

BTW this thread IS about a 2WD mallcrawler

Anyone have a picture with a 2" lift and 30s?
Hope this helps ya out.....

2" (actual 1 3/4) w/31's and flairs
jeep031.jpg

Same with 30's
(sorry,best I can find right now)
rickandpattie2006344.jpg

No lift and 30's
{never could get 'em to rub}
IMG25.jpg

100_1571.jpg

No lift and 31's
(dont do it, WILL rub on speed bumps)
100_1655A.jpg

I miss my 2 dr.
Should have kept it.
banghead.gif

100_1670.jpg

Last edited:
I ran 30s with 3" up front and sagged leafs with a 1.5" shackles out back for a few years. It was a good setup for most of the trails out here. Mileage was great, still averaged 18mpg combined. There was a noticeable difference in power, but not enough to complain about. Just enough that 4 banger Civics and Neons were now faster than me, but only just barely. :D

Go 3" with 30's, regear to 4.10s and get a locker out back. An Aussie would probably suit you fine, or if you want it a little smoother/tougher, get a new Detroit Soft locker. I have one in the rear of my Jeep and aside from the traction and the occasional clunk, it's almost invisible. Or go with an ARB or OX for selectable, but pricey.

Back