• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift ideas to shoot down

Thanks for the info.. but I still have the question about the leaf blocks..

How do they place more stress on the leaf springs, if they have the exact same surface area that the spring originally sat on?

Last edited:
I think its because the lift the blocks give without support to the whole leaf like an AAL. There is a post on here with an old leaf pack that broke while driving under a block. I could find it in a minute.

I believe the Block causes more spring "wrap" because it places the axle further from the Leafs. it kinda acts like a breaker bar. ha that's kinda funny cause in the end it breaks your springs.

If you want the best price on OME stuff (coils, leafs, shocks...anything really) call Dirk at DPGOffroad.com

awesome guy, and he has the best prices on anything OME. Way better than Q-tec.

There is added pressure in that area because of the distance between the leaf pack and axle.

It can work for a short while... but will break in due time. Something we would not want to see or read about. The idea may be shot down but there are other ways to get a little bit of lift for cheaper.

Check rocklizardfabrication budget boost.

I think you will like it. It is a bit stiff but it rides well. The stance is also nice to have next to a stocker. (Nothing wrong with stock, most likely the best ride quality IMO)
It will give you an idea of what your looking for in a lift kit.

Old man emu is the TOP SUSPENSION. Alot of people love this stuff because of ride quality but not much lift in the system.

I don't know personally but I would love this setup if I had the money.

Search 150$ Jeep and that is my 89.

Last edited:
I'm right now killing my 2nd set of Bastard packs. This will be the last. I'm going to get a set of the OME leaves you were talking about earlier. Oh, and no more poly spring bushings either. squeak squeak squeak...:wow:

Back