• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lets see you home brew bumpers!!

mtbkr said:
here is the one I built for the rear of my super cool xj

bumper_sideview.jpg
nice bumper got any more pix from above and rear? very cool design! :viking:

I was wondering what type of steel you used for the bumper ( c-channle,boxed,ext) and if you boxed the bottom after cutting the slanded parts. looks good

My wife got into an accident with the Xj years ago and the front bumper was trashed. I hurried up and put one together in about 2-3 hours last minute before a hammers run. This is what I ended up with. I wanted max approach yet "some" protection.

There are no attachment points so I didn't need to go back 2 feet for the mounting.

DSC05466.JPG

DSC05467.JPG

DSC05468.JPG

DSC05470.JPG

DSC05483.JPG

I already have tow hooks installed. If you look close, I have the JKS SBS system installed and they come with provisions for tow hooks (tow hooks not installed yet for that pic).

The hooks are on now and they work great.

Thanks on the compliment.

Specs...
1992 XJ Laredo
4.5" RE Front Coils + 1" Spacer
4.5" RE Rear Leaves + 1.5" Shackle
Rock Krawler Long Arms
1.5" DOM Ballistic Fab Steering with 7/8" Heims
AA SYE
High Angle Driveline CV Shaft
Custom Rock Sliders
Custom Unibody Stiffeners
33" BFG MT's
D30, 4.88's, Powertrax Noslip
D44, 4.88's, Spooled

Last edited:
EricsXJ said:
Well heck, if the thread is alive I may as well post mine up as well!

This one is 1/2 "home-brew" by me and 1/2 Poison Spyder (originally BPI Fab):

winch09.jpg

winch15.jpg

write-up

Nice bumper. Did you have any clearance issues when you did the TRE Flip insert on the drivers side using the Currie HD steering? Did it rub on the Sway bar bracket that attaches to the axle?

Thanks

Usually don't like tubular bumpers but that is pretty cool looking and quality work. Congrats on that one.

Back