• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED tail light wiring..

the wiring is all correct. ive got the car side of the module grounded to the stock ground wire, then i connected the ground wires of the led lights to the trailer side white wire. im thinking its got to be a ground problem. so should the trailer side be chassis grounded as well? also, the original grounds that would connect to the tail lights, should that be grounded back to chassis as well?

yeah I finally gave up with the converter crap
I went through 2 draw tights and 2 ep 27 electronic flashers and still get the opposite turn signal barely lit with half of the leds flashing ever so slightly flashing when I turn on the opposite side ( which flashes as normal) turn on the runnig lights and everything works as it should. this is with all the oem bulb harness unplugged. Plug the harness back in with bulbs for resistance and it all works fine. Narrowed it down to a converter back feed problem. I have gone through the wiring a dozen times.
Finally put in seperate turn amber leds in wired it to stock wires no converters and no bulbs in the harness. plugged in a EP 27 from the zone and everything works perfect. I should have done this from the start. I like the LED amber turns as well. I am using format fab boxes with a 6" oval Stop and tail and 2" turn. for the cost of the converter you can go buy seperate LED turns ( I used 2" marker lights with 3 leds in them) and not even worry about the converter and use the stock harness. I Used the PM piranah brand they have 7 super bright HP LEDs in them and when lit you can not miss these
wish I knew how to post a pic

Last edited:
I gave up on the converter crap too, after trying two that didn't work.

So I made my own.

DSC01556.JPG

If anyone wants the PDF, let me know.

well I will add my experience. I converted to one light eaqch side (Stop, tail, turn) and had to get a converter to adapt the separate turn and brake (cherokee side) over to a single wire for that. Etrailer.com had it cheap.

im still a little confused. i have the LED tailights with the 3 wires. can i just tap into wires in the trailer wiring plug without using an adapter/converter?

can someone post a link to this adapter/converter thing?

YES PLEASE DO... :smoker:

i did this mod like 2 years ago on my 2000 and the only way i could get it to work right with stt lights is to leave 2 stock lightbulbs and sockets in line just hide them behind the housing. one brake and one blinker. i guess the stock bulbs and or socket has a unique resistance or something. i used 2 converters 1 for eachside. there is a nice writeup w pics allready on here w pics.

Back