• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED brake lights not right

Rev Den said:
Guys...he has a seperate turn light....don't think he needs a trailer box.

Umm.....did you check both of those wires to see if they are only hot when the brakes are on?

My guess....ONE of the two wires that you say are brake lights is a brake light wire, the other it the tail light that lights the tail light element in the brake lamp.

get out your meter and check what wires are hot for brake, and tail.

Sounds to me like you tied brake and tail together. Draw a diagram and post that and we may be able to give you a better idea. Model number and make of light, and pics will also help

Rev

so your saying that I can use the stock wiring right?

hey ive got a similar problem i could use help with first how do i pose this as a thread and second at one time (last week ) my lights worked fine and then when i would hit the brake with the turn signal (left) in the on position the flasher would stop but only on the left side on the right side when i hit the brake the hazzard light turn signal would come on with the brake light but function normaly with the right side turn signal on . i thought maybe a relay well the lamps are fine and just today i hit the brakes turning left and the turn signal worked fine but now all three brake lights are out and the turn signals work fine . i have checked all the lamps and have continuity on all elements and they are fine could this be a relay a coil or is it through the computer system ? please help im new to the site and still need to learn many things about it . thanks man
bobbuilds

Back