• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KOH 2013 - SEC takes it to the Rocks out West!

Sitting in a gas station parking lot... Exit 146 Ash Fork on west side of Flaggstaff Arizona
I was driving down a 6% grade and about half way down the brake pedal hit the floor!
I was able to get the bus stopped at the bottom with hand brake and trailer brakes thankfully...
The driver rear caliper seal blew out, and we lost all our fluid.
We are in the process of pinching of driver rear line, and bleeding the brakes with new fluid...

...and then we will Struggle on

No doubt!

Running with 3 calipers has gotten us to California!
Our boarder crossing inspection consisted of "do you have any firewood?" ...No. "ok, you're good to go"

We will be on the lakebed today! :party:

Just started taking pics, sun just came up with enough light...

I just got ID'd to buy spray paint at Walmart in California!
REALLY?

Finishing up getting last minute things together in town, then an hour or so drive to Hammertown!
Don't have time to do update now, and can't guarantee I'll have service or be able to while there... But I'll do my best!

We are here!
:party:

What a long trip! Only 49hrs to go 2170 miles...

Have fun guys! I'd love to be out there this week instead of working. ..

Some pics Taylor texted me.

Here is one he took from Tim's passenger seat. We were texting back and forth and he sent one saying now is on his side haha.
qa7ape5e.jpg

sedarepe.jpg
ybu4ena4.jpg

Sorry about the updates guys, but we don't have good enough internet service to upload pictures :(
Well atleast like I have been. And all my pics are with my dSLR so I can't text them to be uploaded...

But I will say, after downloading videos from the gopros, we will have some great material to work with! As of now, our trip here and first day of wheeling consists of 103GB of data! 4 gopros are quickly eating up memory lol!

But I don't care! I'm having a great time!

Looks like alot of fun I will make this trip one year! If there is a next year!:confused: any body else notice the date of pats post ^? 1/1/1970??

Man that is one sweet looking bus you guys have there and have built. Does the whole thing run off the generator? Or do you have it hooked up to the battery?

Couple pics I had on my phone... Had some 4g in town while getting more food.

537785_10151461467690937_1644823177_n.jpg

Hammertown from mountain top...

580453_10151461468610937_1419157175_n.jpg

Test driving a kawasaki teryx side by side...

Having a good time! Haven't had this long of time away from work in Ever lol
I'll work on some action pics when we start home and get signal again...

So, long story short, we nearly froze today! Dan, Taylor, & myself watched the race inside hammer town on the jumbotron while Tim & Rebecca were taking it easy in the bus. Andrea was one of the hosts / commentators for the show. Needless to say she was very easy on the eyes ;-) . She was being very involved with the crowd all day making for a fun experience. Everybody was constantly talking about certain rock sections of the race & how difficult they were, but the 2 most talked about was Back Door & Chocolate Thunder. Well, as she was interviewing fans, I got to thinking of what I'd say if she came to me. I was going to turn the tables & ask her a question; which rock section was her favorite. If she said Back Door, I was going to tell her that if she ever decided to give that a try, just let me know & I'd help her conquer her fears. If she said she liked chocolate thunder better, I was then going to say "does that come after we do Back Door?" Lol!!! I guess you'd just have to be here. Im quite curious as to what her reaction would have been. Overall its been a great trip. I think we are kinda planning on packing up a little earlier than originally planned, but we may do Outer Limits tomorrow before we start getting ready to head back east. Lots more pictures & video headed your way!

Hang out and at least run Jack and the LBJ/UBJ combo. Heck of a drive to just hit outer limits. How often are you going to go back there? Get it done now.

John

Back