• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keep an eye out for my jeep that just got stolen!!!

I'll sell you my shotgun. That's what you really want. Fill the ****ers full of rock salt.

Sounds like you should aim for the lower spine then

have fun in prison! deadly force over property is bad policy. then again, karma works it all out. one reaps what one sows.

I just found out that the pieces of shit came back last night and attempted to steal someones motorcycle that lives a few buildings down in my apartment complex...I guess they tried to load it into a truck and dropped it then drug it and pretty much totalled the bike...I was thinking of setting my bike out by the street as bait and waiting up, but all i have is a highlift jack handle and steak knives lol if i had a handgun id definately do it

Seriously though, if you are going to bait-car them, strap a cheap cellphone with GPS capability into it hidden somewhere and wired to a hidden charger, make sure it's turned on and phoning home somehow.

Then turn the info over to the police.

Actually it'd be a real good idea for all of us to get serious about anti-theft for our Jeeps.

They make plug-n-play GPS tracker units (plug into the OBD II port) for under $200 that gives you real time location/speed/direction with in feet and seconds. Remove the port from under the dash and tuck it in behind the kick panel or up higher behind the dash for better security.

Install an ignition kill switch.

Flashing LED light on the dash is almost always the most effective deterrant.

But.......... the GPS tracker lets you hunt down those car thieving zombies and you can take care of business on your terms........ :gag:

Actually it'd be a real good idea for all of us to get serious about anti-theft for our Jeeps.

They make plug-n-play GPS tracker units (plug into the OBD II port) for under $200 that gives you real time location/speed/direction with in feet and seconds. Remove the port from under the dash and tuck it in behind the kick panel or up higher behind the dash for better security.

Do you have a link to the cheap GPS tracker. I will not be anywhere near Colorado (sorry but boycotting the place for the forseeable future), but I do travel to other states where this might be handy.

I find it easier to just not live in Denver.

And everyone asks why in the hell I live in Wyoming. Although I do have to say that we have been seeing an increase in canoeing accidents.

Hit up EBay..... Search "Auto GPS tracker" : thumbup:

Any news on this?

The only news i have gotten was from my insurance company, that im gonna get screwed out of all the hard work and thousands upon thousands of dollars that i put into the jeep, they shouldnt call it "full" coverage! I did get a pile of crap Mazda 2 for a rental car on saturday, better then relying on a motorcycle and my girlfriends ride.

Ive been checking craigslist every night for my fox shocks/afe intake/army mastercraft seats, mtrs, axles, and other parts that i would recognize as mine, but so far nothing has shown up.

Officer Troy and officer Dave are keeping an eye out for me though! Hopefully ill get a sign of the jeep or parts before the 30 day mark when progressive will cut me a shitty check

Got tired of waiting on word about my jeep...and its gonna be 30+ days till ill get a check if it doesnt turn up.....so i jumped ship and got..........

Untitled by proracedriver616, on Flickr

Every cherokee ive ever owned i have said "this is the last cherokee im ever buying" and after 6 of them i decided to finally wash my hands of them and get myself a real frame, a top that is "meant" to come off, and the hatred of my fellow naxja'rs

flame on

Yep, love me some YJ action. Stock Waggy front springs up front will push the axle forward 2" and ride really nice w/o any need to relocate the steering box. Flipped XJ springs out back with a few extra leaves will ride and flex super nice and push you back 6-7". That'll put your WB at a nice comfy 101-102" total. There are right ups on Pirate where guys have cut up and reformed the fuel tank skid to clear the pumpkin after stretching the WB like that and then use a heat gun to heat up and press the stock plastic tank into the reshaped skid plate to reshape the plastic. It apparently works pretty well and I think the work is worth saving 800$ on a GenRight tank or putting a cell in the back and losing precious cargo room.

If you decide to do an AW4 swap remember I've got that Baja Shifter still. I'll hook you up.

If/when you do a rear stretch please don't comp cut it, just relocate the arch. Biggest mistake I made on mine was the comp cut, it just looks terrible.

Back