• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JUST FOR BANDIT

Re: NAC Lots-O- Posts Thread-Part Deux

lucky me though I get to go to S&D's at lunch time. Even if it is a dusty old graveyard, haven't been there in a while.

I fully agree... but I'm bailing out an hour and a half early to look at a house, so hell yeah!

lucky me though I get to go to S&D's at lunch time. Even if it is a dusty old graveyard, haven't been there in a while.

dude look around for any cheezy bull bars or stingers from trucks that I might be able to use for my bumper!

Guess I'm not the only one bailing early, except I will probably either take a nap or start prepping for a weekend of floor pan repairs. I have been house shopping too... but now I have put that on hold until I have confirmation that my job is secure (right now it is iffy whether or not I will be employed by around march next year).

But just because shopping on hold doesn't mean I can't tell everyone else that I work with that I have to head out a bit early to look at a house :D

I fully agree... but I'm bailing out an hour and a half early to look at a house, so hell yeah!

Cool! Good luck and don't jump into anything too fast. Hopefully with the market the way it is you can name your price! I wish I was in a position to buy a little house. It's a renter's life for me for a while longer.

dude look around for any cheezy bull bars or stingers from trucks that I might be able to use for my bumper!

Haha why don't you just hang a spare XJ off the front at a 45* angle. Then if you start to tip forward you can just climb into that one and take the wheel.

Cool! Good luck and don't jump into anything too fast. Hopefully with the market the way it is you can name your price! I wish I was in a position to buy a little house. It's a renter's life for me for a while longer.

Haha why don't you just hang a spare XJ off the front at a 45* angle. Then if you start to tip forward you can just climb into that one and take the wheel.

I weld this sit right, I will be able to do that, just attach it to the bull bar. :-D

I want snow :( But I want Jeep running and inspected first, so I can drive the jeep in the snow.

I saw a guy drive by me with snow on his roof getting on 290 in Worcester

Char-Broil - yeah, I have an accepted (by the seller) offer on two fifths of an acre + a fixer-upper in Fitchburg (known as Sketchburg around here.) $54k, hopefully the bank accepts it (short sale...)

If they don't accept the offer, well, I'm still looking at other places... I just hope this one I'm looking at today has a functional septic system.

I've been wondering for a while why someone doesn't build a double sided buggy, with the drivetrain and seat on swivels and wheels big enough that you can drive with it flipped. Tough part would be the suspension :D

holy crap, yeah what were those Tyco RC cars called that could flip and roll and keep going? I remember wanting one of those so bad. I think the tougher part would be mounting the engine on a gyro so it is always valve cover side up. I've always been a closet R/C geek. I've been drooling over the equipment to do this lately - www.skycamusa.com

Yeah, I was thinking not so much a gyro as just a big fricken block of cement or steel hanging at the bottom (would pivot on extra heavy bearing races on the driveshafts at each end, I guess), plus a clutch or brake the driver can apply to allow the whole inner capsule to flip over. So if you flipped you'd temporarily have the engine upside down till you threw it in neutral and hit the "put me on my feet again" pedal.

I saw a guy drive by me with snow on his roof getting on 290 in Worcester
I want snow!

two fifths of an acre + a fixer-upper in Fitchburg (known as Sketchburg around here.) $54k, hopefully the bank accepts it (short sale...)

54K on 2/5th of an acre? I should subdivide...

Yeah, I was thinking not so much a gyro as just a big fricken block of cement or steel hanging at the bottom (would pivot on extra heavy bearing races on the driveshafts at each end, I guess), plus a clutch or brake the driver can apply to allow the whole inner capsule to flip over. So if you flipped you'd temporarily have the engine upside down till you threw it in neutral and hit the "put me on my feet again" pedal.

ok you've really thought this thru!

I'm tempted to post the idea in AdvFab on April Fools Day. I bet it'd get torn to shreds for a variety of excellent reasons :eyes:

I used to be into RC and recently took out my old truck again... now that I know how to properly tune and adjust it I love it again. I took the truck out to get it running again with the intent to try and sell it, but now I think I may keep it :D I have a Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5. Picking up a spool for the rear end pretty soon I think. I also picked up an RC plane the other week. Havent attempted to fly it yet, but its a cheap one. Thinking this weekend may be the attempt at a maiden flight. Hell, if it doesnt work, oh well, I got a controller/receiver and a bunch of servos to use on other projects

Damn, i should be looking in a different area of hte state... I have been looking at the 100-150k range. Hmmmm... then again my big thing is I want enough land to build myself a garage/barn for all my toys, so I have been looking for 1/2 acre plus.. probably not helping my prices. Plus ideally I don't want fieldstone foundation.. another thing thats probably not helping the "cheap" aspect of my shopping.

Yeah I would modify those little cheap RC cars probably since I was about 8 or 9. I remember trying to make one into a skiff using a cardboard milk carton for the hull and an airplane propellor on teh end of the axle for the propellor. Clearly my engineering was whack, the thing drew too much water and the propellor dipped into the water. The thing spun in circles wildly and promptly sunk. Of course this ruined everything, including the radio which I dropped in the pond while trying to save it. I couldn't have been older than 10. My next attempt came 3 or 4 years later when I built a boat out of fiberglass and used a weedwacker engine as an inboard motor. Sucker did about 30 MPH but drown itself before long after ramping off the wake of the boat it was chasing and then taking a nice dive. Swamped the motor and the radio. I still have it, I'm sure I could get it going again if I tried.

I was thinking if the plane doesnt fly I will mount the two fans onto a boat or something. Who knows. Back when I was 10ish I was tearing stuff done and all... my brother tore down one of the huge trucks (electric) and I salvaged everything form that. Couple years later I had a small mustang I got from walmart for 20$ or osmething. Well that sucker got bored out to fit an oversize motor and higher power/capacity battery.. That sucker should have come upgraded from the factory. All I can say is that I need some upgraded rubber now!

So I found the problem to my no oil pressure gauge problem. I guess when I was changing the filter I must have broken off that sensor. It was just hanging there lol. And the place it comes from has those 2 plastic connectors and the orange seal. Does anyone have a part number for this? Or even better... a name? (oil pressure sensor?)

I was thinking if the plane doesnt fly I will mount the two fans onto a boat or something. Who knows. Back when I was 10ish I was tearing stuff done and all... my brother tore down one of the huge trucks (electric) and I salvaged everything form that. Couple years later I had a small mustang I got from walmart for 20$ or osmething. Well that sucker got bored out to fit an oversize motor and higher power/capacity battery.. That sucker should have come upgraded from the factory. All I can say is that I need some upgraded rubber now!
Make a video

Back