• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JUST FOR BANDIT

Re: NAC Lots-O- Posts Thread-Part Deux

cool, congrats!

just like warhol said, LOL :wave:

knock knock

gross.

i'm soaking wet from trick-or-treating in the pouring rain

quick! Go post in AdvFab!

quick! Go post in AdvFab!

lol

I would but I would get hounded about how I shouldn't be allowed to touch a welder any more.

Then they would launch into a full on thesis on how my new receiver in my front bumper is not winch worthy.. winch is half the reason I put it there.

but I will post a couple pics here. FTHOI

IMG00285.jpg

IMG00289.jpg

IMG00291.jpg

IMG00293.jpg

IMG00297.jpg

IMG00299.jpg

For what it's worth, your welding looks a little better than mine :D I'm still pretty horrible at it. Every time I weld something I get a little better... so I'm trying to stick to unimportant stuff and/or things that won't get seen unless you crawl under the Jeep.

For what it's worth, your welding looks a little better than mine :D I'm still pretty horrible at it. Every time I weld something I get a little better... so I'm trying to stick to unimportant stuff and/or things that won't get seen unless you crawl under the Jeep.

Thanks,
{knock on wood} I have not had anything that I welded break yet, but I still don't trust them 100%

Some people make fun, but they usually don't know that I am a Computer engineer, not a welder so I am proud to be able to do my own stuff :D

oh wow, didn't realize you were a computer engineer too... what kind of stuff do you do? I'm an electrical/computer engineer doing processor validation at Intel.

lol, turns out there are more of us that do both then I thought.
and by the sounds of it you're smarter then me :dunce:
I am a Network/Systems 'Engineer', Which is really just a Job title for 'fixes stupid sH!t in data center.' I spend most of my time installing and configuring new systems, writing scripts and telling software vendors their code is broken.

I wanted to do more programing, and hardware interface stuff, when I started, but the quickest way to start making money and paying off HUGE loans, was to grab the first Net Admin job that came down the line, and I never left.
How did you get hooked up with Intel?

I was an intern there the summer before my senior year - spent the whole summer debugging some server prototypes and stuff. My mentor gave me a good review when asked by my now-manager what he thought of my work, so I was in... my GPA was horrible (3.03 wooooo!) and my resume fairly bland.

Programming and hardware interfacing stuff is what I do as another of my hobbies, mostly what I do at work is write code that stresses various parts of the CPU that we think might have a bug so that we (hopefully) find all the issues before we start selling them. My entire division pretty much exists because of the famous pentium bug.

I'm probably not smarter than you, I just ignored my homework in college and got crappy grades while screwing around with electronics and coding and whatnot instead. Luckily my interviewers put more weight on how I answered their questions than my crappy grades and stuff.

Sounds about how I got where I got. My grades were ok, 3.5 something, but I needed a Job really bad the summer between jr, and sr years so I got a paid internship at a medium sized construction company near where my Parents live in their IT department. I did hardware inventory mostly, but other basic admin stuff, when my Sr year started up I had Monday and Friday off. so, I commuted home and worked for them Monday and Friday, at the end of my Sr year I had an offer at a large Pharmaceutical company, I took it, and hated it. So it came as quite a relief when the construction company called me up a week later and offered me more money and better benefits. I still hoped to find a programming job, but my daughter was born 9 months later and life as been "steady goes it" ever since.....

I got a sweet jeep though :smoker: who knows, maybe someday I will not make it through a round of layoff's and have to find another source of income.

Back