• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JUST FOR BANDIT

Re: NAC Lots-O- Posts Thread-Part Deux

The next plan is to get rid of the 5.5 coils, ACOS, 2" shackle ...Put in 4.5 coils
and leave it right there. with the trimming & 33s it will be just right.

I may even give a shot at bastard packs & sell the 6.5 clayton leafs If they pan out the way I want.

I could be interested in the 6.5 leafs if you want to sell them. I also have quite a pile of interesting leafs to use for a bastard pack. I have leafs from my big Offroad 6" packs, an RE 4.5" pack, and probably a few Rustys leafs thrown in too. Only a few main leafs though, most are stackers. If you know where there is an MJ in a yard, pull the leafs out of it. I do know a spring place in Allentown that may re-arch springs too. Look up Stengel Brothers online. That is where I got my leaf spring liner material.

i do have the shackle relocation brackets - so I did think about S10 or Manche leafs but if youre into it i'll bring the claytons to you and we'll swap. Otherwise i'm gonna hock em for jeep funds :)

i'll trade ya even up for the RE 4.5

No, you don't want to do that. The RE springs are VERY old and fairly sagged (but not wrapped). The RE mains would make good builders, and I have lots of other loose leafs for builders too. I would throw in the leafs I am running on the XJ now too, but they are starting to wrap a bit. They actually sit at about 4.5" of lift. I drilled the center pin out to a 7/16" socket head bolt on that set too. I even have the military wrap 1/2 springs that came with my Big Offroad packs.

ok well if you want em I'll try to get some choppin done before the Smorgasboard M&G if yer goin... If that doesnt work out I'll run down some time.

shoot me a $

Note - I bought 4.5 claytons... their 4.5 pack is a 6.5 with the second leaf removed. I recently got the clayton leaf they take out right from them... I did have a tweak issue with one side then 1/2 & 1/2 the packs so they were level. So I got the "removed" leaf in plans to put that back in the pack to both stiffen and lift ...however as Ive said I'm going to put it at 4.5 and like it. for what I like to do it will be good to go... plus give me a little play money to clean up the DD & maybe do an 8.8 to the red one.

I want to get rear disks on that thing man, BAD. I donno if its the weight of all the bumpers etc. or what but those drum breaks burn up quick. they gotta go.

ok well if you want em I'll try to get some choppin done before the Smorgasboard M&G if yer goin... If that doesnt work out I'll run down some time.

shoot me a $

Note - I bought 4.5 claytons... their 4.5 pack is a 6.5 with the second leaf removed. I recently got the clayton leaf they take out right from them... I did have a tweak issue with one side then 1/2 & 1/2 the packs so they were level. So I got the "removed" leaf in plans to put that back in the pack to both stiffen and lift ...however as Ive said I'm going to put it at 4.5 and like it. for what I like to do it will be good to go... plus give me a little play money to clean up the DD & maybe do an 8.8 to the red one.

I want to get rear disks on that thing man, BAD. I donno if its the weight of all the bumpers etc. or what but those drum breaks burn up quick. they gotta go.

OK, sounds good. How old are the Clayton springs? I am doing a traction bar this time, so whatever I swap in should last longer. I think I am looking for around a 4.5-5" pack myself. I have the shackle reloc brackets on the rear, and to make them work well I'll need a short shackle and springs.

The whole disc brake thing... yeah, adding the rock ring probably didn't help with rolling mass either. Its a good trade off though, as the rings look awesome, and will keep those rims in perfect shape for a while. I forget what rear you have, but I have a jig to adapt the ZJ discs to the XJ D44 rear. It keeps everything centered up properly to mark/drill the holes accurately. I even have a set of 5 on 4.5 stock shafts for an XJ44 already set up with the spacer added for running the ZJ discs. Bearings/seals are good on the shafts (just a little dirty).

I even have a set of 5 on 4.5 stock shafts for an XJ44 already set up with the spacer added for running the ZJ discs. Bearings/seals are good on the shafts (just a little dirty).

if hammered doesn't want these i'd be interested if your letting them go

Naxja forum user

once you go black you never go back.

i need someone to give me some compelling reasons not to be black

you get to rabble-rouse in the members forum, cause trouble in the den, post in advanced fab, and put pics of your jeep in the RotM contest

red letter discounts

free food at select meet and greets

giveaways

You don't get harrassed about formerly being an active member then letting your membership slide

i need someone to give me some compelling reasons not to be black

Because you wheel an XJ, and have used the site to research options for your XJ, and maybe would like to support this place to continue to support the XJ/MJ community. That maybe you are looking for new designs/fab stuff that is XJ/MJ specific, and can find that info here (being a member). Or maybe that you simply like hanging with this crew...

These have been compelling enough to keep me around.

I keep thinking that there is going to be something good that keeps me red...

The junk yard was close. but Maybe next time i come back :p

at least until i get my Lj that is.

Back