• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just another poopbox making its way to 1tons. " project neglected"

Re: just another shitbox making its way to 1tons. " project neglected"

did get a bit done over the weekend surprisingly with having to build these for my mother...

anyways got the steering wrapped up, track bar is 2" shorter then draglink but whatever, and angles are not exactly perfect, but again w/e. wont see any road time so im not that worried about it.

at full bump

not to pleased with this but it will work

i think i might be able to squeeze them 16s under the hood...

Nice build.

She's tight.

Not talking about the blonde.

do you have more pics of her?

Im losing sleep over this...where did i **** up? Or am i still good?

My front hoops are no where near through the hood. I set these up with axle at full bump...shock in lower mount, as fully collapsed as i could get them with shaft bumps installed..

just another shitbox making its way to 1tons. " project neglected"

I must be pulling a lot more up travel than you.

My panhard is mounted about 3" lower than yours and I have about 1/4" from the oil pan at full bump.

It also sits the same height as my my mall crawler at 4" and 265's and still has 6" of up travel on 37"s

Right. I boggled my mind this morning about it... Only thing I could do is drop axle end panhard, make New frame side bracket that dropped 2-3" then I'd have to put a bend or two in the pan hard to clear the dif, then my draglink wouldn't clear... I'm going to run it as is... It will be a bit taller then I'd like but Im over it for now, I want it done and want to wheel. Also I remember now that the 2.0 FOAs (which apparently they no longer produce, kinda pissed 2.5s are the same price as what I paid for my 2.0s 5 months ago) are ~2" shorter then almost any other 16" coilover on the market... Another 2" would have put the tops of the hoops flush with the underside of the hood, and another 2-3" up for full bump well would have clearly put them through the hood.

Might be worth dropping the axle end panhard and putting the draglink under the high steer arm to squeeze a bit more out of it. But it looks like you already burned the hoops in.

I think you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Yea, I burned the hoops in... frame side bracket is also fully burned in - from previous set up. is what it is. Il go an inch taller do gain up travel if need be.

also Ive been doing so more studying on spring rates...and I think smash mentioned something about my previous rates being a bit heavy. I was planning on going triple rate with helper coils ect. and being way oversprung essentially.

Now, thinking I might go with some taller lighter springs dual rate and use more preload ...I need to get this thing rolling and get her on the scales...

Yea, I burned the hoops in... frame side bracket is also fully burned in - from previous set up. is what it is. Il go an inch taller do gain up travel if need be.

also Ive been doing so more studying on spring rates...and I think smash mentioned something about my previous rates being a bit heavy. I was planning on going triple rate with helper coils ect. and being way oversprung essentially.

Now, thinking I might go with some taller lighter springs dual rate and use more preload ...I need to get this thing rolling and get her on the scales...

I never quite understood the theory of a tender coil. Must be old tech from when they didn't make long enough coils. I can't think of a reason to need one

I never quite understood the theory of a tender coil. Must be old tech from when they didn't make long enough coils. I can't think of a reason to need one

It is old tech - like 2010...
And id imagine Inexperienced folks like myself setting them up, or people not really understanding set up, and just using "what works." Just from the reading ive done the past two nights taught me alot...and i thought i knew a few things...

If it aint one thing its another. had to take sometime away from the heep. got super busy for a few weeks...

ended up doing timing set - phasers, tensioner, chains, guides, and VCT solenoids on the beloved 3V.

Ended up cutting much more out of the inner fenders. driverside shock hoop was fun. stupid master cylinder. needless to say its in and it clears, C/O have plenty of room throughout articulation - how ever...I screwed up on the passenger side and get to cut it off and redo it now. :twak:

just sitting in there.

order a set of springs from QA1 just to get it off the shaft bumps for now and to roll on - 100$ shipped for two 16" 200# cant complain even if i dont end up running them.

got passenger side hoop cut off and remounted. still not right but much closer. end result is i have a 1/2" gangsta lean going on. over it. springs come in monday... also a few sticks of DOM should be showing up monday.

took it off stands to see how she stood. doesnt show very much but with the front at bump like it is, its nose diving pretty hard. I think with 5-6" of shaft showing on the C/Os it will even out pretty nice. :looney:

springs came in, I lied. I bought two sets. 16" x 200# lower and 14"x175 upper.

sprung weight came out to right about 900 corner. - with no tube work yet. right now I have the jeep set at about ride height with 6" shaft showing just over 1" of preload at full extension, no gas in the C/O, and this thing is about as stiff as my brothers 2"BB with stock sways.

didnt get much done over the weekend but did get this made...shock hoop spreader/engine cage

still waitting on my cage tube...long story short, they ordered me the wrong crap, now im left waitting again.

also got some stainless steel hoses for the front brakes, all I need now before i have brakes again is hard lines on the rear axle, and main rear brake hose. probably wont get done til after the axles come back out to get geared.

got the brakes all plumed and bled. pedal still goes to the floor, but the jeep stops...going to try to bleed the master and hope that helps...thing sat for quite sometime, with very little to no fluid in it... also started on the cage. was a long debate between completely chopping it, or leaving it and going hybrid.

next to my brothers 2" BB on stock tires.

Back