• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard lift installed

what are the specs on your lift MANBEARPIG?

Rough Country Hydro 8000 8127 and 8126 Shocks.
Rough Country Leaf Packs (Im Pretty sure their 4.5 packs)
Rough Country or Trail master 4 or 4.5" coils (Seller didnt remember what brand they were)
Stock control arms, Leaf Shackles.
Relocated Brake line Brackets with stock lines (They have plenty of slack at full flex)

Sitting on just over 4" and 34x12.50x15

i wish we could expunge this tactic of defending your atrocities by stating how cheap your jeep was.
a lot of us bought cheap, and moved up the foodchain by using proper parts, my truck is worth more then the $800 i paid for it...

nothing negative about your jeep though, rock that shit

Dude - what atrocities? Using junkyard parts that aren't up to Deaver or National spring standards?
C'mon. If it isn't going to be a menace to everyone else on the road... why hassle?

Looks good..........my lift cost me about that much too, but I had a lot of the parts laying around, ended up with a very similar amount of lift.

Just cut those fenders and wheel it!

pics flexed with fenders cut? C'mon... You know you wanna.....

i wish we could expunge this tactic of defending your atrocities by stating how cheap your jeep was.
a lot of us bought cheap, and moved up the foodchain by using proper parts, my truck is worth more then the $800 i paid for it...

nothing negative about your jeep though, rock that shit

Food-Chain?? What Food-Chain?? NAXJA has no "foodchain."

People do what they can within their budget. Some people have way too much money to spend on their Jeeps and others can barely put gas in it.

So be it.

E

yup... Mine's totally budget built too... and it freaking ROCKS!!!

I also have a Junkyard lift, and I love it. It has done better than the majority of the catalogue lifts, time and again. Oh, and the shocks were the most expensive parts ( and they are stock, at that. :) )

I also have a Junkyard lift, and I love it. It has done better than the majority of the catalogue lifts, time and again. Oh, and the shocks were the most expensive parts ( and they are stock, at that. :) )

The majority of the crap lifts,not the good ones!
Im still betting on minimal flex based on those spring rates.

Last edited:
The majority of the crap lifts,not the good ones!
Im still betting on minimal flex based on those spring rates.
a lift is a lift, they all do the same thing. springs/shocks/control arms, some have different spring rates..

i do have to agree, those shocks have to be a bit stiff. but hey they work for you! good deal!

Lol I see where you're coming from, but no, a lift is not a lift. My 4" aluminum blocks and f250 coils are going to react a lot differently than some full RE packs and springs. I think that's what RCP was getting at...

Lol I see where you're coming from, but no, a lift is not a lift. My 4" aluminum blocks and f250 coils are going to react a lot differently than some full RE packs and springs. I think that's what RCP was getting at...
4" blocks? thats not a suspension lift. thats a unibody body-lift haha.

even 150 can go a long way well so far still lookin for tires
etupvk.jpg

2qlydk0.jpg

2lktrmp.jpg

you need to find a bigger curb.....

My Junkyard Lift = 200 Dollars

3.5" RE front coils
RC full lenth AAL's and new stock leaves that still had arch to them.
4 RC Nitro Shocks
BDS Trac Bar Relocation Bracket
Pro Comp Steering Stabilizer

Netting 4" in front, 3.5+" in rear. Not the best, but does me good and one hell of a deal.
Heres the finished product...

I used -
Front springs from a 1979 F100
1.25" spacer
Rear bastard pack made out of my stock upper leaf and the remains of a MJ pack.
+Adj Trackbar
+Swaybar Disconnects

= <$300 and 4" all around.

It rides a little rough, but I never expected anything else :)

2478812313_95a5f01ced.jpg

Back