• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep XJ TJ Disc brake conversion kit Dana 35 44 & C8.25

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
These are complete kits. Only other items you will need will be e-brake cable, for your application.

http://www.rwkhaussupply.com/magento/steering-items/jeep-disc-brake-conversion-kit-tj-lj-xj-dana-35-44-and-c8-25.html

jeepdbkit.jpg

Fits 1991 to 2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee with Dana 35 and Chrysler 8.25 Rear C-Clip Axles.

Fits 1990 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited with Dana 44 (press work required to add spacer on shafts) and Dana 35 Rear Axle.

Dramatically Improves Stopping Power
Dual Bolt Pattern (5 on 4.5 and 5 on 5.5)
Includes All Necessary Hardware
Emergency Brake Cable Sold Separately

Kit does not include Emergency Brake cables. On non-C-Clip style axles you will need to remove the axle bearing and install included spacer, then press the bearing/seal back on to the axle shaft.

Will not fit pre- 1990ish Jeep vehicles (like the XJ D44 in 87-89).

$399

Robert
RWK Haus Supply
[email protected]

That I dont know. But I dont think so without drilling a hole for the sensor wire. Maybe other things also, but from what I remember on the few I have done, that is all I can recall that this kit may need. No guarantees though.

When the time comes to replace pads/rotors/calipers will those be parts that can be obtained at a local parts store by referencing a donor vehicle? I wouldn't expect dual pattern hubs. Just need to re-drill for the 4.5" bolt circle?

They are Jeep TJ 03-06 parts.

Get ride of those heavy old drums....

Get a complete kit without any guess work or used parts here..

I'd love to order this Kit. How do I determine the length e-brake cable? Measure my existing drum e-brake cable? I have a YJ with a Chrysler 8.25".

I would assume you just need the right ones for the yj w d35 That people list.

Do I need to replace the master cylinder?

late model you should be ok, you will have to modify the proportioning valve for everything to work properly.

I did a junkyard parts swap onto my 2001 "NO ABS" XJ, I grabbed a prop valve off of a 98 Grand Cherokee, the valve was identical on the outside to the XJ valve (Even had the same part #), The piston & spring are different, directing more fluid to the rear under heavy braking, so I swapped them into my XJ Prop valve, it took 5 Minutes & worked out great.
Use search & you will find a bunch of swaps like this, with many photos.
Good Luck.

Last edited:
It is already discounted 25% ($100)....

Back