• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep XJ Cherokee Ulitmate Sliders now available!

My Jeep is rust free and solid as well. There was a dent to my driver side rocker from a trip prior to getting the sliders but it wasn't where the nutserts go.

Got some more trip pictures from other people.

The rock my passenger side tire is on is the one that my jeep settled down onto and pivoted around
4wheelingtrip010.jpg

Here it is pivoting on the rock. All 4 tires were still not the ground
4wheelingtrip011.jpg

And then winching over the next rock
4wheelingtrip014.jpg

Last edited:
I did manage to get it pulled back down, now I just need to weld some of the sheet metal back together. Then I'm going to weld the sliders to the brackets and the brackets to the frame to makesure they're as solid as possible. Hopefully that'll last the rest of the season until I can start going the box tubing route.

9820c373.jpg

40d18913.jpg

add some plate to the unibody to beef it up....., guarantee you will tweak it more if not... all that sheet metal is just too thin.

not sure exactly what way to go about this but i would try to gusset between the floor and the brackets that go from pinch seem and frame stiffeners. do you have the spacers for the frame stiffeners? the reason i ask is because if you are it might not be as strong there and cause a weak point. i am just trying to help as i have these also on my jeep.

I moved my stuff over to the reviews section of the vendors forum, mods can delete these out of the advertisement thread if so desired.

And no reply from JCR regarding what they're doing to fix the issue. Nice.

Post from Product Review thread.

First off, I apologize for these initially not fitting. I really wish we could have rectified it right there in our normal way (getting your product back, evaluating the fitting issue, send a new proper one back) because that not only makes sure that any quality control, shipping damage, or other issues that may arise get taken care of, but that in the end you get a product that installs properly, as that is the way we test our products around here.

I know that you and I talked about the welding issue, I said that the structure of our sliders would be fine welded to your Jeep, I also apologized and tried to make things right with you. You've been nothing if not level headed and honest with me and this forum, and that is refreshing and appreciated. I hope I have been the same with you.

So on to what happened, and for that I have no idea. The dent in the tube (1.75 x .120 wall for those curious) is an indicator of the amount of force we are dealing with, but the rockers of an XJ can take a lot of abuse and still be structurally sound (albeit dented to hell,) so why did the damage on your Jeep occur? Without testing and/or being there I can only pose questions.

• Was the bulk of the slider touching your rocker down the whole side? Or was it only affixed at the top with weld? This would put tons of pressure on that weld edge alone until the rest of the slider made contact with the body.
  • Was this attachment point (just the weld) in a location that more easily put leverage on that portion of the rocker than being bolted to the side?
  • Did the heat from the weld cause an issue with the sheet metal, with a seam, or with some panel glue?
  • In what way is this install different than welding box tube into the rocker directly. Leverage on the step? Resistance to twisting of the box tube because it's welded on the bottom too?

I'm sorry I've got more questions that answers. I do know that I've used and tested the ones on our shop XJ as intended (and not as intended, projects around my house get weird...), and we do have others that have used them as protection with no issues. That doesn't mean I think your wrong, I just wonder if this was related to the installation, the sun and the moon aligning that day, or a legit weakness in our product.

I've got another e-mail coming your way today, where we can talk about making it right between us privately.

If anyone has any questions or issues about or with our products, please feel free to contact me daryl at jcroffroad dot com

~Daryl

Back