• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep accident in Goodlettville TN

Word from the other forum:

4wheelparts of Nashville is supposed to arrange a benefit ride for Rusty and Kayla. It will be sometime in the future when they are out of the hospital.

Which forum are you getting this? Could you throw up a link so we can peruse it?

Do we need to do something for Rusty? Gather some dollars or anything?

I do know that the one that was in the accident was not the one that he drove last time we saw him on the trails. Granted that was about a year ago, so he could have sold and bought different, but don't think so.

Check your PM Shrek.

I will do what I can but with me having the kids when I'm not at work, it will be hard for me to help. The wife won't be mobile for at least 3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if we all kicked a little bit to the SEC paypal account? Label it "Rusty" or "clrusty" so that it can be distinguished from other funds coming in?

$20-30 from each person adds up quick....

well i wanted to thank everyone for everything and it makes me feel so good that yall would come together for me and my family.the guy come across 3 lanes at about 60 on gallitan rd sunday morning and hit us head on. my girlfriend was in the pass side of my jeep i had just picked her up from work. she didnt make it she died at about the time we got to the hospital. it broke my lowewr back dislocated a verb in my upper back and crushed my left heel. my daughter suffered a broken pelvis and intestine problems.they removed about 2 ft of her small and about 12 inches of the large intest..i am home now and walking with a walker,my daughter is still at vanderbilt with some time yet to go with rehab. the guy i was told was 19 and just couldnt handle the speed he was trying to accomplish and lost control.his car went into flames and was put out quick. ayup that was my 3rd jeep i had built and was going to keep this one. yall dont need to send me any money just the thought overwelms me and make a grown man wanna cry. you guys are the greatest. thank you ,thank you and thank you again for all your prayers.i lost my love in the crash but she would want me to stay strong and keep wheelin. but yep it was me yall. thanks yall once again.ya have me in tears just knowing you guys would do something like that for me.

So sorry for your loss, man. Best of luck for a speedy recovery, for you and your daughter. My mother has been a Physical Therapist at a hospital in Greensboro, NC for a long time. If there is anything we could possibly do to assist with you or your daughter's recovery please PM me. Equipment, extra sessions, whatever.

Last edited:
Hey man, I'm glad to know that you and your daughter will be alright. You're in our thoughts man - remember that if you need anything let us know.

the guy i was told was 19 and just couldnt handle the speed he was trying to accomplish.
Now that's something I never thought I'd hear said relating to a Prius

his car went into flames.
This however does not surprise me. :D

In all seriousness Rusty we are all glad to hear you, as well as your daughter, are on the road to recovery. When you get back on your feet and land a new jeep let us know when we can come help wrench on it.

well i wanted to thank everyone for everything and it makes me feel so good that yall would come together for me and my family.the guy come across 3 lanes at about 60 on gallitan rd sunday morning and hit us head on. my girlfriend was in the pass side of my jeep i had just picked her up from work. she didnt make it she died at about the time we got to the hospital. it broke my lowewr back dislocated a verb in my upper back and crushed my left heel. my daughter suffered a broken pelvis and intestine problems.they removed about 2 ft of her small and about 12 inches of the large intest..i am home now and walking with a walker,my daughter is still at vanderbilt with some time yet to go with rehab. the guy i was told was 19 and just couldnt handle the speed he was trying to accomplish and lost control.his car went into flames and was put out quick. ayup that was my 3rd jeep i had built and was going to keep this one. yall dont need to send me any money just the thought overwelms me and make a grown man wanna cry. you guys are the greatest. thank you ,thank you and thank you again for all your prayers.i lost my love in the crash but she would want me to stay strong and keep wheelin. but yep it was me yall. thanks yall once again.ya have me in tears just knowing you guys would do something like that for me.

Stay strong Brother, I was very saddened to hear of this. I was already dealing with the death of a friend at the time(and still am) but you and your family were in my thoughts. Sorry for your loss and I hope you and your daughter make a full recovery soon, I'll make the trip to TN and wheel with you someday man! :thumbup: :cheers:

60mph? That's not a typo?

From the pictures I saw I doubt it. Hope you and the daughter have a speedy recovery. Be there for her. Being in a hospital bed with those kinda injuries can be depressing and frustrating.

From the pictures I saw I doubt it. Hope you and the daughter have a speedy recovery. Be there for her. Being in a hospital bed with those kinda injuries can be depressing and frustrating.

I mean, it seems like the other guys would have been traveling faster than that.

Now I know I might have missed it on mythbusters, but if our friend Rusty was traveling at 40mph and the kid was traveling at 60mph, wouldn't that be equivalent to a 100mph impact? Yeah I'd say it could do that much damage.

I just figured that a person could keep control of a passenger at at 60. I wonder if he was texting or something?

Now I know I might have missed it on mythbusters, but if our friend Rusty was traveling at 40mph and the kid was traveling at 60mph, wouldn't that be equivalent to a 100mph impact? Yeah I'd say it could do that much damage.

Don't start on word problems....8th grade math aggravates me! :doh:

Back