• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 Parts... I found them here...

zluster said:
Yes I know, I'm just wondering if that was more than what we thought it would cost and if he is out more out-of-pocket for it.

BonesBrosChris said:
All the handling fees were more reasonable than I thought they would be.

He said more reasonable, so if anything he got a little more of a kicker for doing all the legwork.

We all paid for the parts and sea freight to get them to the US. I'm going to pay the additional $124.18 in charges to pick them up. It was a charge that was going to be there if I did this order by myself or if we did the group buy. I just posted it on here for future reference on what to expect when it gets stateside. I didn't know how that part of it worked (fee wise). Now when I get them back to my house everyone is responsible for the shipping charges to your door. I have UPS here at my job that has a lower rate then the UPS Store.... If you want DHL, USPS, truck freight or carrier pigeon just let me know and I'll get it out however you like. Once I get everyone's order separated, checked and reboxed I'll let you all know the weights and if you want you can send a "call tag" for it, if you have that ability from your workplace?
And for all the new people who just found this thread.... I'm not starting a business importing this stuff and I don't see myself ordering anything else in the future. If somebody else is interested in doing an order I might be able to help you on it, but by no means am I a pro at it. We just wanted to get some different parts at a fair price. And in the end I probably lost money on the deal... but I really don't care. Its still cheaper then buying OE Mopar parts and it look is unique. The key to it is get as big as of an order as you can get because it softens the shipping charges..... but on the flip side it cost's more at the port on pickup. My dealings with Alex Parts have been great so far. 37 emails all of which were answered in a few days if not the next day and 9 phone calls, language barrier so be prepared to be patient.
-Chris

In all fairness; Just divide such sum $124.18 between the parties that ordered stuff..
Not swimming in $$$$ and probably will come out of my " Hydration Tab " :tears: But........
I believe we shared the risk and the cost of bringing this here ....
Guess that would be just fair since on our end we just checked the forum for updates / progress , while U had to go thru long distance call$ and all the translation BS....
So I believe getting them out of Customs :scared:Storage. Is part of the package.... :roll: ..

My 2 cents.....

:D

BajaMJ said:
In all fairness; Just divide such sum $124.18 between the parties that ordered stuff..
Not swimming in $$$$ and probably will come out of my " Hydration Tab " :tears: But........
Guess that would be just fair since on our end we just checked the forum for updates / progress , while U had to go thru long distance call$ and all the translation BS....
So I believe getting them out of Customs :scared:Storage. Is part of the package.... :roll: ..

My 2 cents.....

x2

Don't worry about it. Its all good. I was just trying to keep you all informed on the process..... I was going to pay that plus the shipping on my parts. With all the parts you guys ordered with mine, the shipping cost was about the same but was spread out a bit more. I just broke the total cost of shipping down by the volume of parts per order to make it fair.

Just buy me a beer sometime. :cheers:

I put that part about the "future order" stuff on there because I get a lot of PM's and e's asking for prices on parts and when I'm doing another order.

BajaMJ said:

My 2 cents.....

x3

Really between all of us that $125 would be nothing.

Plus you still have all the time and trouble to separate our parts and send them out. Why should you have to eat that $125?

Did we ever figure out what kind of bulbs these headlights would use?

I have a buddy who will be in hongkong at some point in his deployment here fairly soon. If I needed some it would be nice to know so I could have him grab me some while he is there.

Also, did alexparts have an office in hongkong?

I never did find out if the bulbs were the same.... but I guess in a few weeks we will have the answer to that. If they are different I would be in for having your buddy pick up a few boxes. Here is the address of Alex Parts in Hong Kong;

Alex Chen
318 Alex Global Enterprise LTD
RM 1302 East Point Centre
555 Hennessy Rd. Causeway Bay
China, Hong Kong

BonesBrosChris said:
I never did find out if the bulbs were the same.... but I guess in a few weeks we will have the answer to that. If they are different I would be in for having your buddy pick up a few boxes. Here is the address of Alex Parts in Hong Kong;

Alex Chen
China, Hong Kong

I would be in on that also.

BonesBrosChris said:

Alex Chen
China, Hong Kong

Ok, then if we need something special for the headlight bulbs we will need to figure out exactly what he needs to get, I don't want to cause alot of trouble for him to pick these things up.

I can talk to him about about getting your water proof for you as well.

That would be cool if he could grab the 'water proof' but if not Maud might be able to get it on his taillight order. Let me do some digging today about the bulbs and see if I turn anything up.

Was just informed by an email that the stuff was released by King Freight in Cerritos, CA and transferred to Mercer Distribution Services in Auburn, WA. With a ETA date 5.29.08
...... you've been updated, the time is 1:05pm :)
-Chris

BonesBrosChris said:
That would be cool if he could grab the 'water proof' but if not Maud might be able to get it on his taillight order. Let me do some digging today about the bulbs and see if I turn anything up.

I doubt his carrier will be in hong kong before the 29th, so worse case we just wait untill we have headlights and then you check to see what bulbs fit them.

I'm more concerned that something was damaged, and if it was and he's willing, have him grab another headlight or whatever.

He just hasn't been crazy about the idea, but he said he would be willing to help for something small, so I don't want to push him too much.

BonesBrosChris said:
Was just informed by an email that the stuff was released by King Freight in Cerritos, CA and transferred to Mercer Distribution Services in Auburn, WA. With a ETA date 5.29.08
...... you've been updated, the time is 1:05pm :)
-Chris

:yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D

1badass4x4 said:
I couldnt bring myself to read 25 pages
Whats the prices on the pieces?What all is needed to work on a pre 96 model?
Start reading :D.

:UPDATE:
The new ETA for arrival at the port in Seattle is 06/01/08.

..... the time is 0836 :)

Back