• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JcrOffroad Prototyping and Redesigns!

Crusader rear XJ prototype v1.0:
10527365_10152552096038276_607807463490173230_n.jpg

my .02. I love the look here but what I find lacking in the market is a nice looking, lightweight tubular bumper. What do you think about putting out such a thing?

agree 100%

The holes for the lights look like an afterthought, like someone cut up a nice bumper in their garage and put them in.

I agree too. Looks kind of busy. I think most people are going to run their own light setup and might not have those cubes lights to begin with.

Any way to get one without the cube light holes?

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I'm a few days late getting the new Crusader Rear bumper online! My 'other' prototype decided to come 4 weeks early!

My future Jeep Girl Lydia!
10488205_1448482805435979_4725336864046031136_n.jpg

So anyways, I did get the New Crusader Rear bumper online this morning! It is go launch in production already as well.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/product/XJB/XJCR.html
XJCR2.gif

Mike's been plugging away on the tire carrier (vanguard) rear bumper bumper design. Hopefully soon we'll have some more information on that!

~Brian

I agree too. Looks kind of busy. I think most people are going to run their own light setup and might not have those cubes lights to begin with.

Any way to get one without the cube light holes?

The bumpers are only available with the provisions for the cube lights. The LED cubes have come full circle on the market and in most cases can be bought cheaper than HELLA 500's or equivalent lighting.

The bumpers are only available with the provisions for the cube lights. The LED cubes have come full circle on the market and in most cases can be bought cheaper than HELLA 500's or equivalent lighting.

But you've painted yourself in a corner because now you have to sell the bumper to the customer and you have to sell him on your lighting solution versus the one he already has or intends to buy.

I like your new design but the square cutouts ruin the lines.

Agreed. I would buy a set front and back if it weren't for those cube holes. I don't want nor need them. The design is fantastic except for the cubes holes, it looks like a homemade job and doesn't match the quality of the bumper design. So I guess I'll pass.

But you've painted yourself in a corner because now you have to sell the bumper to the customer and you have to sell him on your lighting solution versus the one he already has or intends to buy.

I like your new design but the square cutouts ruin the lines.

These are not some light we exclusively make. These are the market standard in LED cube lights. Whether you buy the from us, Rigid, Black Box, Inspired or straight from china.

When you are talking about manufacturing product for Jeep they haven't made in 13 years, you have to draw your lines. We have to limit our offerings in order to increase production and profitability. While other companies have all but washed their hands of the XJ, we've taken the time to redesign a modern product using new technology. The LED light market will be the standard in 2-3 years, it already is the standard in the JK market.

I wish we could be everything to everyone, but unfortunately one can not. All we can do is offer product based on our market knowledge and hope for the best. The purchasing response to the new product has been impressive this far along and that's all we can hope for.

I concur. Nice job

Now that is a good looking bumper,

How does it match up to the stock rear fender flare? Something similar to your quarter guards?

is there going to be a cut and fold one?

Now that is a good looking bumper,

How does it match up to the stock rear fender flare? Something similar to your quarter guards?

It will match up to the rear lower 1/4 panels. We'll offer our lower 1/4 panel armor for this bumper as well.

is there going to be a cut and fold one?

No idea. Step one is to get the standard one done. We sell a 12:1 ratio of standard to Cut n Fold.

These are not some light we exclusively make. These are the market standard in LED cube lights. Whether you buy the from us, Rigid, Black Box, Inspired or straight from china.

When you are talking about manufacturing product for Jeep they haven't made in 13 years, you have to draw your lines. We have to limit our offerings in order to increase production and profitability. While other companies have all but washed their hands of the XJ, we've taken the time to redesign a modern product using new technology. The LED light market will be the standard in 2-3 years, it already is the standard in the JK market.

I wish we could be everything to everyone, but unfortunately one can not. All we can do is offer product based on our market knowledge and hope for the best. The purchasing response to the new product has been impressive this far along and that's all we can hope for.

so... your taking a very sharp looking bumper that would otherwise flow nicely, cutting a couple lego blocks out of it, increasing your production time, and then telling people you dont want to hear it? it quickly went from prototype to production. i think you skipped the customer feedback portion of the prototyping.

50% of the xj market is young broke kids. i promise you people are going to look at the bumper, tell themselves they cant afford a bumper and LEDs at once and dont want empty holes, and move on.

Back