• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's Fall Flog time in Tennessee!!!!

Sites Available

RV Sites (39)

$38 per night, 2 people
Full Hookups: 30, 50 amps, 110
Each additional person over 15 yrs old, $3 per night, per person
Weekly RV rate (minimum of 7 days) $250 + tax (excludes Holidays or Events)

The RV Sites include water, sewer connection, electricity, concrete patios, picnic tables, fire rings and bath house.

Long Term RV Sites: $540 per month
Cabins (10)

Sleeps 4, bedding not provided, $100 per night
Weekly Cabin rate (minimum of 7 days) $630 + tax (excludes Holidays or Events)

Cabins are furnished with 2 bunk beds, kitchenette and bathroom with shower. Fire rings are also provided.
Primitive Camping (25)

$16 per night, 2 people
Each additional person over 15 yrs old, $3 per night, per person
Weekly Primitive Camping rate (minimum of 7 days) $100 + tax (excludes Holidays or Events)

Primitive Campsites have fire rings and bath house. The rates above do not include state, local or hotel tax.

Land Use Permits

A Land use permit is required for each person entering the Coal Creek OHV Area.

Cost for the permits are as follows:
  • $17.00 Daily permit
  • $33.00 Two day permit
  • $44.00 Three day permit
  • $55.00 Four day permit
  • $88.00 Yearly permit

So on the land use permits as it reads "permit is required for each person" that means all passengers are required to pay for a permit as well?
i.e. my family of 4 would be $55 per day to wheel.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Last edited:
Ouch. $66 for me to drive and my girl to ride for 2 days. Plus $32 for camping, plus gas, plus food.

That probably puts it out of teh budget for me.

It has been on the calendar since January. There is no reason to be surprised about the costs. There has been plenty of time to save besides there are still 2 months to go.

It has been on the calendar since January. There is no reason to be surprised about the costs. There has been plenty of time to save besides there is still 2 months to go.

Not so much concerned with the cost as I agree with the comment of many: "I plan for this each year and save for it" etc. I just wanted to make sure I was correct on the cost of passengers to make sure to budget enough money.

Last edited:
No so much concerned with the cost as I agree with the comment of many: "I plan of this each year and save for it" etc. I just wanted to make sure I was correct on the cost of passengers to make sure to budget enough money.

Your calculations are correct. I really didn't mean it to sound bad. We all have to save up to spend our funds.

Ouch. $66 for me to drive and my girl to ride for 2 days. Plus $32 for camping, plus gas, plus food.

That probably puts it out of teh budget for me.

but if you bunk up with other people the cost of camping drops because you can all split the cost (only 3$ more for people over 15)

if 4 people stay on the same site then the cost per night is split to 5.5$ per night per person...

but if you bunk up with other people the cost of camping drops because you can all split the cost (only 3$ more for people over 15)

if 4 people stay on the same site then the cost per night is split to 5.5$ per night per person...

Sure, but that doesn't make it cheap enough to fit into our budget, unfortunately.

then cut some lawns before they dry up or sell yourself (but dont tell the fiance, prolly not a good idea) and come on up, or stop drinking soda and save what you would have spent there plus eating out less ALWAYS helps...

Well, we only drink water at the house, hardly eat out and are saving what we can. I can tell her it's wheeling. But I sure know I'd miss that $200 on our honeymoon.

Cost for the permits are as follows:
  • $17.00 Daily permit
  • $33.00 Two day permit
  • $44.00 Three day permit
  • $55.00 Four day permit
  • $88.00 Yearly permit
that means this poor college kid has to start saving NOW!

or have your girlfriend buy you a year permit for your easter present ;)
well i am out... to far of a drive for only a day and a half of wheeling... and not worth the money imho.....

The only way it really is worth it is if you live within 2 hours away and you buy a year pass in January (all year permits expire Dec 31, no matter when you bought them). Of course, you have to go a few times for it to pay for itself as well.

Back