• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It begins again.... Builden it

are those 35s also silver? I feel like my truck is so slow with the 35s and stock gearing. Might be time to maybe swap in some 33s or a new rear end with some better gearing

ya i might be swapping in a rear axle sooner then thought so i can get some better gearing. and just run the shocks up through the floorboards at the same time

Im contemplating putting a 2wd beam in the front totally rebuild it and truss the living hell out of it. hmmmm

this is the jeep that I sold before. Fully caged choped rear and all the fixings. it was fun.

n1026841445_30140889_2012502.jpg

thats not me driving either

are those 35s also silver? I feel like my truck is so slow with the 35s and stock gearing. Might be time to maybe swap in some 33s or a new rear end with some better gearing

33x10.50x15 bfg mud terrains. Stock gearing but wanted to go 4.56 or even 4.88's. My buddy has 4.88's and even on 32's it was GREAT!!! Tons of power and still ok on freeway. Actually decent mpg too.

8.8 is Ford...........chrysler is 8.25

They are both stronger than the D35, but the 8.25 is a direct bolt in and the 8.8 will take some fab work.

this week.... I am going to be pulling the 2inch spacers bringing it back down to 6.5 inchs and then moving the rear leafs up in the adjustable shackles to bring it down.

Then I wanna put on some 33x10.5s and go through the front steering. New traction bar bracket, new traction bar, new heims,

and drop brackets

Pulled the 2inch spacers from the current lift. lowered it back down to 6inchs. still clears the 35s with no trimming and stuffs em pretty good.

going to lower the rear down soon also has lift shackels on there.

been having bad bump steer lately but when i pulled the 2 inch space the drive home was much nicer it rode better and the steering seemed better. so hopefully with some more work ill have it worked out

some advice, rather then pull the lift shackle out, just screw with your leaf pack. like using an XJ stock main with the lift leaves, or vise versa. cause lift springs flattened out are long then stock leaves. and with a stock shackles with bind, and you should probably get an alignment after pulling your spacers out. i ran though half of my 30's after i spaced my old XJ and didnt get it aligned

-Ian

well the shackle is actually adjustable so im going to put it as low as possible.

im going tuesday morning to get the 35s off and some run around 31s ill get alinged then.

The way you make it sound is that you can align the rear...when I got alignment, they told me they could only do the front since it isn't 4wheel adjustable. I haven't heard of anytime a shop aligned my rear....just askin'

well the shackle is actually adjustable so im going to put it as low as possible.

Be careful. You want to make sure you still have enough shackle length to allow the spring to fully flatten out.

Back