• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Scorpion Bumper Kit???

Wow, lots of interest already lol. To answer some questions, yes, you can get it without lights. Looks just like that minus the holes. I don't have a version with a receiver built in right now because the FEA that I've run shows that if you have a 9000lb winch in there and actually use all 9000lb of it that you would taco the bumper. I'm not sure how some of the other guys get away with it, like Rock Lizard for example. With the back side boxed in it might be ok, I'll have to look at that option. I will have a winch version of the bumper but realistically it'll be a couple months before it's prototyped and I'm comfortable releasing it for sale.

For the existing design, the DIY kit will be $160 without lights and $230 with lights. Without the light grilles I can do $210, they're kind of expensive to laser cut. The price will come down if I can get a decent amount of pre orders.

yahoo.....merry christmas to myself! just ordered my iron scorpion kit tonight. once done will have to post pictures along with everyone else. so far i really like what i see

as for the Ukraine train.....i really like your set up as well. you have some good product there it looks like

Ukraine Train said:
Wow, lots of interest already lol. To answer some questions, yes, you can get it without lights. Looks just like that minus the holes. I don't have a version with a receiver built in right now because the FEA that I've run shows that if you have a 9000lb winch in there and actually use all 9000lb of it that you would taco the bumper. I'm not sure how some of the other guys get away with it, like Rock Lizard for example. With the back side boxed in it might be ok, I'll have to look at that option. I will have a winch version of the bumper but realistically it'll be a couple months before it's prototyped and I'm comfortable releasing it for sale.

For the existing design, the DIY kit will be $160 without lights and $230 with lights. Without the light grilles I can do $210, they're kind of expensive to laser cut. The price will come down if I can get a decent amount of pre orders.

When you say with lights, do you mean you are getting the actual driving lights or just the holes cut in the bumper? When you say without lights does that mean no actual lights or just without the holes? Answer these and I'll be placing my order. This is exactly what I have been wanting.

Oh, BTW, if they come with the actual lights, what brand are they?

Thanks!

Last edited:
xj_mike said:
When you say with lights, do you mean you are getting the actual driving lights or just the holes cut in the bumper? When you say without lights does that mean no actual lights or just without the holes? Answer these and I'll be placing my order. This is exactly what I have been wanting.

Oh, BTW, if they come with the actual lights, what brand are they?

Thanks!

yeah, he's talking about with the actual lights...they still come with the holes

The lights are Hella Optilux 1300 driving lights. The kit includes a wiring harness with relay.

Last edited:
Thanks, JR.

Here's the official pricing:
$160 without the lights or light holes. Looks just like above but without the holes.
$170 with holes for the lights and mount tabs but without the actual lights. Add $20 if you want the light grilles.
$210 with Hella Optilux 1300 driving light kit (includes wiring, relay, and lighted switch). Add $20 if you want the light grilles.

Last edited:
Do the D ring tabs run all the way through to be welded in the back? How much for shipping? (didn't see that price above if it is)

Do you know how much shipping is?? How do I order one??

Shipping is around $50 due to the 50lb weight and because most your guys seem to be on the wrong end of the country lol. I currently only have completely built bumpers so I will order more laser blanks on Monday and then it'll be about 2 or maybe 3 weeks till I get the blanks and form them. Do you know if you want the bumper with the light holes or without? It'll help to know so I can order the right amount of each. For ordering, you can just PM me what you want and I'll take money order or paypal. Add 3% if paypal to cover the transaction fee they charge me. If you're local, pick up is free.

Hey Iron Scorpion..... Any plans to upgrade this kit at all? I'm waiting till the mounting plates go back past the steering box bolts. Seems like this kit would be all around perfect then. What is the reason that Iron Scorpion, JCR and the like make their bumpers with 3 hole mounts and sell support brackets seperately? What is the advantage? Am I the Dunce? :dunce:

fiyerbirdie said:
Hey Iron Scorpion..... Any plans to upgrade this kit at all? I'm waiting till the mounting plates go back past the steering box bolts. Seems like this kit would be all around perfect then. What is the reason that Iron Scorpion, JCR and the like make their bumpers with 3 hole mounts and sell support brackets seperately? What is the advantage? Am I the Dunce? :dunce:

You are not a dunce. It has to do with personal preference and the path people take as they build their rig. With the longer mounts, if you want to take off the bumper for any reason, you have to unmount your steering box. This may be more than some people want to deal with. So they add support plates one time, and then the bumper. Some people start with a small upgrade and later get more involved, so a support plate may be a small step and then want to add a bumper later.

I have a prototype long mount sitting on the floor. Over thanksgiving, we moved into a larger shop. The shop setup and fitting has been taking alot of my time. The added space should allow me to develop new products at a faster clip. I hope to be back on the long mount project here really soon.

For those of you asking, the winch version is in active development. I cannot promise a date, but look for it early in 2008.

Thanks for all your support! I appreciate your feedback as it leads to better products. All the pictures are fantastic! You guys are doing great work!

Chip
Iron Scorpion LLC

XJumpmaster said:
Chip, can't wait to see the finished product on your winch bumper! Is there by any chance some pictures of the work in progress?

Thanks, Josh

Nope. And I am not trying to be difficult, I simply prefer to wait until the product is close to being complete. Typically, there are many changes in the appearance from development through prototyping. Some people have latched onto a preliminary idea and then get frustrated later when the final product is different.

Besides, anticipation is a good thing right?:D

dirtclod said:
Nope. And I am not trying to be difficult, I simply prefer to wait until the product is close to being complete. Typically, there are many changes in the appearance from development through prototyping. Some people have latched onto a preliminary idea and then get frustrated later when the final product is different.

Besides, anticipation is a good thing right?:D

I would like to see it too, I might have to purchase a second one to get started on...

Justin

Well I just bought mine, looking forward to it getting here next week sometime. With Xmas and all It may take longer. Have a new thing of weld wire and ready to go.

Just ordered mine. I'm a little intimidated though. First of all I'm kind of an inexperienced / crappy welder, but hey what a fun thing to start on.

Quick question for you all. All the welding I've done thus far has been on my 220V Stinkin Lincoln. I've only used Flux cored wire. Is that a big no-no on this bumper or did any of you use that in place of gas shielded? My heart won't be broken if I need to go get a tank and fill it, but just wondering. Also, if I get gas to shield it, what gas do I use? Argon or CO2? I'd like to use CO2 so I could use it to fill my tires on the trail too.

Anyway, all of your bumpers look awesome, major kudos to the crew over at Iron Scorpion and I'm 100% stoked about this bumper!

Back