• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

yo eric.

its yours? haha did you buy jeffs old rig?
Was that directed at me? I used to know Jeff and was a step behind him as he was building his big white rig. When he traded it for that smaller white one I bought a pair of lights off him that used to be mounted to that roof carrier.

The guy who does own Jeff's big white rig is on here, and was even at NACfest this past year (not that I was there, couldnt afford it this year). Drawing a blank on his name though.

The guy who does own Jeff's big white rig is on here, and was even at NACfest this past year (not that I was there, couldnt afford it this year). Drawing a blank on his name though.

his sn is airblaster

I used to know Jeff and was a step behind him as he was building his big white rig. When he traded it for that smaller white one I bought a pair of lights off him that used to be mounted to that roof carrier.

small world.

hello all, my names john. im new to the forum and new to jeeps as well. i have gotten a lot of useful info from here already. thank you all. i have a 2000 sport. its my first jeep. its stock mostly with lots of future plans. so far mods are cobra cb, 4ft firestick antenna. pioneer avic n2 in dash dvd/gps. yakima roof rack. and hi lift jack. and of course husky floor mats

hey my names steve. ive been on here as a guest for about a year, as long as ive had my xj.
91 xj 5spd power everything TWO DOOR -3" lift 31" tsl's olive drab paint, removable doors, pvc snorkel,
4 rear yj fender flares,extra roof rails, snow plow for the winter

90 mj bone stock
90 xj bone stock parts truck
digicamera020.jpg

Hi im John, just picked up a built 98 XJ from Seth on the cave, have been to a couple wheelin trips with Rob and wheeled my GMC at the food drive, cant wait to go wheelin with you guys in the new Jeep
heres my rides
97GMC stock with stickers
33.JPG

98 XJ with 6" Full traction Long Arms and 33" Khumo MT's
johns_jeep_020.JPG

Welcome John! I believe I met you at the M&G.
Sounds like you got a decent start on a rig. Enjoy!

hey my names steve. ive been on here as a guest for about a year, as long as ive had my xj.
91 xj 5spd power everything TWO DOOR -3" lift 31" tsl's olive drab paint, removable doors, pvc snorkel,
4 rear yj fender flares,extra roof rails, snow plow for the winter

90 mj bone stock
90 xj bone stock parts truck
digicamera020.jpg

Where in Tyngsboro?? I'm right in Dracut, I think I might have seen ya once or twice... My big Jeep is currently collecting snow in the backyard, but ought to be cruising again soon. Do ya belong to any clubs other than NAXJA? I ask because I know there isn't hardly anything in our area for legal public wheeling. PM me if you'd be interested in more groups, I'd be glad to help ya out. Cool jeep! I love the 5 speeds :yelclap:

Thanks!
As for specs:
Drivetrain - 6cyl 4L, 4sp Auto, 4:11 gears, shortened Ford 9" with detroit locker, slip yoke eliminator
Lift- Rusty's 4.5" with 2" Skyjacker coil spacers (front) 2" lift shackles (rear)
Body - Cut Fenders and lower rear quarter tuck, 2x4x3/16 rectangular rockers with 1.75x0.120 sliders (not pictured)
Wheels & Tires - 33x10.50 Mud Kings on 16x8 cragar soft 8s

I've been to Paragon (now defunct?) as a passenger (didn't own a jeep). Otherwise there is an old abandoned mass of land about 5 miles from my house that is a decent place to play around.

Anything good down the Williamsport way?

Williamsport proper doesn't have much around it, but NW of there around Renovo there is a great state forest tract with plenty of varied terrain to legally wheel. Might be a little out of your way, though. I go up there about once a month so my daughter can see her mom and then I head out to my mom's, where the state forest land is. Good camping out there, though, which makes it easy to stay a few days. Can do state forest campsites or wilderness style. I was out there this past weekend and it was very snowy. I ended up on a forest road that had been groomed for snowmobiling. It was 12-14 inches of hard packed snow, which my currently open diffs (even with 4 tire chains) really didn't like. I'm working on prepping a set of axles with 4.10's and rear No-Slip and front OX, so when that's finished, I'd be happy to check out what you have up your way as well, since it's actually closer to me. If all goes well, I will be up and running mid-March. I'm kind of in a mods frenzy right now because my last Jeep kissed a telephone pole (I wasn't the driver!) and now I'm building another one. I left the locker in the other one (only a D35) and sold the Jeep to my brother (who was the driver), but the hit I took in winter ability was obvious after this past weekend so I'm trying to regain that functionality as quickly as I can. March. . .

HELLO MY NAME IS SEAN . NEW TO JEEPS BOUGHT A 01 XJ SPORT. ALL STOCK RIGHT NOW. SOON TO HAVE A RUSTY'S 4.5 LIFT.:party:
WILL POST PICS WHEN I TAKE SOME.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? I'M NEW TO JEEPS. PRICE IS AWAYS A ISSUE LOOKING TO SPEND AROUND 1K. THIS IS MY DD. SO IT MUST BE EASY TO INSTALL. AND FROM WHAT I READ SHOULD TAKE ME A LONG SATURDAY OF WORK.

This is a an "Introduce Yourself" thread, so I'll make it quick. I've had a Rusty's 3" lift on my Heep for over 3 years. I'm still at 3",shocks are all still good and I DD my rig and abuse it a little offroading. I have had a good experience with my Rusty's lift kit.

Rusty's has a good lift. ihave a 4.5 with budget on it for 6.5. has done everythign asked of it. maybe he is referring to rough country. but rustys works just fine. doesnt always have to be Rubicon express.

Sean

Back